Shopper Marketing Manager
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Shopper Marketing Manager develops the shopper marketing strategies and programs that enable speed to market, improved merchandising, and greater buyer conversion of our brands. The position partners with brands, agencies, and customer teams to translate insights into retailer programs that deliver a win for the customer, the consumer and the Ferrero company. The position will be based in our US Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ office and reports to the Vice President of Customer Marketing.
- Support key customer teams in the development and execution of customer specific co-marketing activations
- Develop and manage the shopper marketing budget for select customers
- Input into the development of shopper event KPIs at assigned customers
- Participate as needed with sell-in of events to retailers
- Develop direct relationships with retailer’s marketing/media organization
- Execute post promotion assessments to determine effectiveness in achieving brand marketing objectives, ROI, and executional KPIs
- Partner with eCommerce Director and Omnichannel lead to ensure full integration of eCommerce activations into assigned customer plans
- Partner with Marketing Media Services to maximize efficiency of brand digital advertising at the customer level
- Participate in Inter-Agency Teams for select brands to provide shopper marketing input into integrated marketing plans
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant experience required, CPG marketing and/or sales experience including the development of shopper marketing or consumer engagement programs
- Agency experience or experience managing an agency is a plus
- Experience in the development of digital, social and mobile activations
- IRI or Nielsen proficiency
- Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Financial acumen- understands P&L metrics
- Experience with customer loyalty card data a plus
- Global mindset and a desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.