Quality Product Specialist - 2nd Shift
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Inspect, test, grade, sort, sample, weigh or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process. Manages finished product release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program, Critical Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will include internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards.
Follow production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and Food Safety.
Enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices.
- Ensure the inspection of the finished product output; guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by the FQD.
- Ensure the examination of the quality reports from the day prepared by self-control from production personnel (entry of data in the systems such as SAP-QM or Fenice) ensure the examination of monthly reports; request and verify adjustment as required.
- Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for semi-finished and finished product
- Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions for held product.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Issues, distributes and keeps updated and available to the auto-control operators and to any involved person, the require auto-control quality instructions and related forms, in relation to the production lines under competence.
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Plans, organizes, provides and assess results for training to auto-control employees and for outsourcers, in terms of quality control, to be executed on production lines.
- Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are put in place correctly.
Who we are looking for:
- Associate's degree and 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Operation Monitoring - understanding gauges, dials, or other indicators to understand quality problems on machines
- Using mathematics to work with numbers and analyze results
- Understanding industry related documents
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.