Quality Packaging Specialist
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Quality Packaging Specialist role ensures quality controls on incoming packaging, in accordance to group guidelines, in order to avoid any quality related issue that could emerge once the goods are used on the production line.
This individual will be reporting to the Incoming Raw Material Specialist.
This role will work straight day shifts.
- Inspect incoming and internal packaging materials to determine whether they meet the approved specifications, and release or reject them based on the results
- Ensure the timely inspection of incoming packaging materials based on SAP testing plans
- Communicate results of inspection to suppliers in case of non-conformance of weekly/monthly samples
- Perform laboratory tests and analysis on a variety of packaging materials.
- Provide support to other departments within the company during package development, mold approvals, modification, or line performance issues
- Investigate material complaints based on the inspection plans
- Manage minor non-conformities in SAP and communicate to the stakeholders
- Hold and release packaging materials in SAP and or physically
- Work with all internal departments to ensure compliance for new packaging codes created
- Archive management for the retain samples
Who we are looking for:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Degree or Diploma in Packaging Technology or Engineering
- Knowledge of packaging material – i.e. corrugated, paperboard, plastic
- Knowledge of production processes and packaging machinery
- Knowledge of packaging test methods
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Packaging database systems (SAP) is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Ability to identify and distinguish colours
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to independently solve problems and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Attention to detail
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 16 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.