Packaging Sr. Buyer
Packaging Sr. Buyer
North Canton, Ohio
Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. is a leading premium American chocolate brand and retail chain within the Ferrero Group. Home of leading brands like Rocher, Nutella, Kinder Joy, Tic Tac, Butterfinger, Crunch, and Baby Ruth, Ferrero is the world’s third largest confectionery company and a major player within the CPG space. With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Packaging Sr. Buyer is responsible for source selections and procurement functions directly associated with the Company’s needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality, and delivery competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services as assigned consistent with MAPICS requirements or as appropriately concluded with a Requisitioner.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Works closely with I-R Strategic Sourcing to advance enterprise-wide sourcing programs as appropriate.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities and advises company activities with concurrence of a Senior Buyer and/or Director, Purchasing.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management, negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from a Senior Buyer or Director, Purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services consistent with MAPICS requirements or as arranged with requisitioners.
- Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Organizes and implements with direction from a Senior Buyer and/or the Director, Purchasing, strategies to accomplish Small Business and Disadvantaged Business Sourcing Programs consistent with company guidelines.
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
Who we are looking for:
- Mastering purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
- Knowledge of the supplier market, qualitative specifications for packaging, price agreements, purchasing process and related procedures;
- Technical knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of the Global Pack market
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Analytical skills
- Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
- Knowledge of Sustainability process
- Ethical and strong personal values
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Fannie May Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.