Job Location: Maple Heights
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Fannie May Confections Brands, a division of Ferrero, is a leading retail chain selling gourmet chocolates & candies. The first Fannie May retail store was opened by H. Teller Archibald in 1920 in Chicago. Throughout the years, Fannie May has developed candies that often become the center of many family and holiday traditions. Beginning with only a handful of confections, today Fannie May makes over 100 different confections and continues to develop new and innovative flavor profiles. Quality has always been the driving force behind the making of Fannie May chocolates. Are you interested in operating a forklift to ensure the proper flow of materials to chocolate and candy production lines each day? We’re looking for dedicated Forklift Operators to help deliver the quality that is known and loved by every Fannie May customer for over 100 years. Pay starts at $12.00 per hour. 1st shift available.
1. Perform all appropriate SYSPRO system entries to maintain Floor Stock and Work In Progress inventory in each Staging Location
2. Ensure that lines are stocked with the proper amounts and types of materials by performing appropriate product structure searches in SYSPRO.
3. Review production dates and FIFO systems for materials to be staged to production lines.
4. Work closely with production scheduling to ensure that all lines have the proper amount of materials for a given production run prior to production start up.
5. Report usage variances immediately to Area Managers.
6. Transfer materials to and from the production floor and the appropriate warehouse.
7. Utilize appropriate material handling machinery; including, electric pallet jacks, manual pallet jacks, and other powered industrial trucks.
8. Perform all appropriate powered industrial truck checks prior to their use
9. Ensure accuracy of all documentation (sort tags, back flush tags, etc.) prior to the movement of any materials, WIP, or finished goods to its appropriate location.
10. Work any assignment as directed by supervisor.
11. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
12. Work overtime as assigned by supervisor.
13. Responsible to uphold and maintain the food safety and quality systems.
Education or Experience
· Sufficient reading level to understand written requirements and Bills of Lading, and simple arithmetic. 1 to 2 years of related experience.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, stand for up to 8 hours, peripheral and depth perception to properly navigate a forklift.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
· Forklift and electric pallet jack certifications or ability to obtain one. Computer Skills
· Sufficient understanding of basic computer principles to properly enter receipt and transfer information.
How are we protecting our employees against COVID-19?
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.