Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The person in this role is responsible for entry of all import shipment orders, tracking imports from ship to plant placement to warehouse receipt, clearing imports through Customs and manage relationships with agencies. They recommend and implement import and export strategies to improve supply chain efficiencies, complete relevant paperwork and produce and analyze records and data on shipments. They also play an integral role in maintaining relationships with freight carriers and forwarders.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Execute order-to-invoice process for import/export customers
- Creates delivery document for direct delivery from Canada to the US customer and US distribution centers
- Creates Purchase Order and delivery document for direct delivery from US Ferrero affiliates
- Communicate with Ferrero affiliates with regards to special requirements
- Coordinate shipping from multiple shipping points
- Coordinate with warehouses equipment and pick up times
- Produce documentation as per customs, FDA and other border services requirements
Manage Inbound containers, demurrage control and frozen product flow
- Maintain spreadsheet for all inbound loads, including machinery, raw materials and packaging, based on supplier shipping notifications. Track all steps of the process for all inbound shipments.
- Ensure that all documents are available for customs and FDA clearance
- Ensure that each inbound load is timely customs and FDA cleared through communication with brokers
- Ensure schedule receiving of inbound containers to ensure zero or minimal demurrages
- Coordinate diversion of direct to customer deliveries when FDA has not released the shipment.
- Control and approve invoices pertaining to demurrage, storage costs, freight and any other charges relating to inbound containers.
Ensure adequate documents for all export shipments. Import / Export Coordination.
- Understand foreign governmental requirements for shipments to regional warehouses and directly to customer.
- Communicate with customs broker in Canada regarding paperwork requirements and to ensure compliance
- Create NAFTA Certificates for shipments to Canada and Mexico
- Arrange for Freight Forwarder to create export bookings
- Coordinate with empty container deliveries with warehouse
- Provide documentation to Freight Forwarder with all necessary paperwork to clear exports to move
- Provide Freight Forwarder with accurate and factual container weights to ensure VGM is filed timely.
- Provide Data Loggers to shipping warehouses
- Provide completed documentation to receiving customer.
- Familiar with C-TPAT program
Who we are looking for:
This role requires minimum 4 years of relevant experience working with Shipping Carriers, Lines, and Freight Forwarders.
- Knowledge of planning and supply chain processes.
- Knowledge of logistical services operations and Free Trade Agreements
- Knowledge of the national and international transport market (sea and land of the various types and air).
- Knowledge of Customs, FDA and border crossing requirements.
- Knowledge of Customs export requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Job Location: Somerset