Commercial Planning Manager
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Commercial Planning Manager will be responsible for organizing and guiding Ferrero USA through the annual commercial plan development process. This will include developing and maintaining the master commercial calendar for cascading brand strategy into Go to Market plans. This will also include ensuring all deliverables associated with volume targets, sales budgets, KPIs and customer plan development are aligned cross-functionally and completed in accordance with the process timeline. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the innovation timeline with deliverables and holding the cross functional team accountable to the timeline. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, and report to the VP of Trade Business Intelligence.
- Organize and guide Ferrero USA through the annual commercial plan development process
- Align the marketing organization and other cross-functional partners to planning cycle and process management
- Develop and maintain the master commercial calendar for cascading brand strategy into Go to Market plans
- Ensure all deliverables associated with volume targets, sales budgets, KPIs and customer plan development are aligned cross-functionally and completed in accordance with the process timeline
- Ensure key stakeholder alignment to deliverables and timing of brand marketing inputs, trade strategy, volume projections and sales operating budgets
- Maintain innovation timelines with deliverables and hold the cross functional teams accountable to them
- Track progress of inputs/outputs across cross-functional stakeholders while identifying gaps or risks and drive resolution as necessary
- Coordinate all HQ planning and Field review meetings; develop planning templates as necessary
- Update Sales and Marketing leadership on plan development progress
- Align cross-functional partners to tool kit elements and timing; track status of tool kit and coordinate delivery to teams as necessary
- Establish tracker incorporating dates, deck status, outcomes, next steps, etc.
- Coordinate customer meeting dates with the Sales Leadership Team, and align HQ resources and schedule presentation reviews
- Assess channel/customer Ferrero brand development and opportunity; as well as performance trends
- Develop review of customer go to market strategies
- Develop assessment of “total customer Investment” profile for key customers
- Manage sales promotion budget including budget development and payment execution
- Align with Marketing and Finance on investment level
- Work with the VP of Trade Business Intelligence to coordinate and maintain the long-term planning for the Trade Marketing & Category Management function on the horizon of 1, 3, and 5 years
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, CPG Foods experience is a plus
- Financial acumen and P&L management with an understanding of the need for rigor regarding spending choices and the importance of ROI
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data, make business recommendations based on analysis
- Must possess a basic knowledge of project/program management concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Ability to creatively organize and present data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally
- Ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
- Technical Skills – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP/BW, TPM, Blue Planner, IRI, P&L Management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.