Channel Development Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Channel Development Manager will be responsible for the integrated activity plan to execute Category strategy in their assigned retail channels for the entire Ferrero Canada portfolio (all categories) and following the Triple Win model. This includes developing and cascading the Go to Market plans detailing the execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP). This position owns the portfolio level activity calendar, making prioritization decisions on what to execute in their assigned channels and input into JBPs. The position also owns the Financial KPI attainment for all brands in their assigned channels. This position supports and provides thought leadership among key cross-functional internal relationships, including Category Management, Marketing, Demand Planning, and Sales Account Teams. The position will be based in the Toronto BU Office.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
Channel Development Mandate:
• Ensure clear lines of communication cross functionally and especially with Brand Marketing, Category Management and Customer Teams
• Coordinate with Ferrero Group in Luxemburg on assigned channels and International Customers global trade marketing initiatives
• Develop the assigned channels Strategy and in-store activity plans to execute the brand and category strategies at retail
• Develop the Go to Market plan including execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP).
• Create the KPI objectives aligned by Class of Trade trends and strategy
• Provides input into the Budget for assigned channels and key customers
• Develop the Trade Investment strategy for each brand aligned to assigned channels /Key customer and Category strategy
• Develop the portfolio in-store activity calendar by session / assigned channels, making prioritization decisions
• Responsible for defining the in-store execution objectives to be tracked for execution
• Responsible for the development, implementation and management of display tools and formats
• Provide input for the development and execution in-store activations and POS
• Partner with customer teams, Marketing and Category Management to develop actionable plans to drive accelerated growth or improve profitability
• Develop trade and consumer unit pack/price architecture framework to deliver strategic assigned channels and customer opportunities
• Ensure proper lead time and content for best in class innovation launches, meeting customer lead times
• Monitor competitive activity to ensure external factors are incorporated into business plans
• Optimize Trade Spend Effectiveness by reviewing post promotional assessments and Return of Investment for trade spend lines
• Supports the planning and execution of both the seasonal and everyday portfolio
• Provides input to the S&OP process on changes in distribution, promotion, and customer/ assigned channels strategy
• Aligns with Marketing, Sales, Finance, and Trade Business Intelligence on the trade spend budget and promotion plan
• Aligns with shopper Marketing on the shopper marketing plans and eCommerce investment
Who we are looking for:
• Strong Knowledge of Ferrero Company, brands, strategy and Perfect Store Models
• Strong knowledge of Canadian Retail landscape
• Strong knowledge of Category Management and Syndicated data
• Proven experience in process and project management
• Budget Management Experience
• Knowledge of Customer Business Team role and processes
• Knowledge of Ferrero’s internal systems – BP, BI
• Strong Knowledge of industry best practices
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
• Ability to develop Strategies, set priorities and deliver results
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Strong skills to lead multi-functional activities and teams
• Strong People Leadership Skills
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) one-to-one, in group environment and with Senior Leaders
• Ability to solve problems in a team environment
• Ability to clearly understand customers needs, integrated with internal requirements
• Ability to work independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.