Job Location: Louisville
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Little Brownie Bakers (LBB) Warehouse Supervisor is a key role in the delivery and execution of the Girl Scout Cookie season. As the Warehouse Supervisor, you'll work closely with the LBB Logistics and Customer Service team while also managing six direct reports. The role supervises outbound FTL and LTL customer shipments, inbound receiving of inventory from Ferrero plants, and the LBB sample room.
- Supervise six direct reports. Submit weekly timecards to corporate payroll and monitor associate’s PTO balances. Schedule overtime as required, oversee any performance management concerns, communicate corporate communications updates to the team.
- Perform physical duties as required including loading trucks, building partial pallets, capturing shipment lot codes, etc.
- Coordinate daily shipment activity with LBB shipping manager and inventory analyst.
- Notify local LTL (less than truckload) carrier’s terminal of daily demand to verify appropriate capacity.
- Manage relationship with various service providers including waste management, pest control, HVAC, dock door maintenance, building property manager etc.
- Supervise shipping process for all full truckload and LTL shipments as well as receiving process for all inbound loads from Louisville and all non-Louisville manufacturing locations.
- Work with LBB Customer Service team to coordinate customer shipments from the LBB Sample room. The sample room is a pick/pack operation with hundreds of parcel shipments each week during peak season. These shipments are time sensitive and require significant coordination with the Customer Service team.
- Send 2-3 updates each day notifying LBB Director of Customer Service Logistics of any shipment cuts.
- Maintain first-in, first out inventory management process. Perform physical inventory counts as required.
- Facilitate short-term raw material storage in collaboration with Louisville plant to eliminate any supply disruptions impacting production.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
- Forklift certified preferred.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- 3+ years warehouse experience.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.