Quality Technician - Night Shift
Job Location: Florence, KY
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Quality technician lead will inspect, test, grade, sort, sample, weigh or conduct sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process as well as manage inbound and finished product hold and release criteria (i.e. CoA verification, label verification, sensory program, internal and external physical-chemical and microbiological testing, net contents, Critical Control Point [CCP] and Preventive Controls [PC]). Responsibilities will also include internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards.
In addition, the quality technician lead will follow production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and Food Safety as well as enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices.
- Ensures the inspection of the incoming materials (ingredients and packaging) and finished product output; guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by the Ferrero Quality Department (FQD).
- Ensures data entry in the systems (SAP-QM), review the quality reports generated from the system based on data entered from production personnel and guarantee the alignment to the Quality Specification. Request and verify process adjustment if needed.
- Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for semi-finished and finished product
- Holds and guarantees product control as needed, escalate Non-Conformities, support Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventive Actions implementation, provide information on final disposition for held product.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores, and maintains information in written or electronic form.
- Issues, distributes and keeps updated and available to the auto-control operators and to any involved person, the required auto-control quality instructions and related forms for the production lines.
- Communicates and interacts with Co-workers, Supervisors and the Leadership Team if needed for Quality or Food Safety related topics such as Changes in the Process or Specifications, new Procedures, potential issues, etc… in a proactive and organized approach.
- Plans, organizes, provides, and assess results for training to auto-control employees and for outsourcers, in terms of quality control, to be executed on production lines.
- Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are put in place correctly.
Who we are looking for:
Associate's or B.S. in Food Science or related fields and 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Production and Processing - knowledge of ingredients and packaging materials, production processes, quality control and food safety standards to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of excellent and safe products.
- Quality Control Analysis - conducting tests and inspections of products, materials or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Operation Monitoring - understanding gauges, dials, or other indicators to understand quality problems on machines
- Using mathematics and statistical analysis on data and results’ trending.
- Understanding industry related documents
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.