Product Quality Specialist
Job Location: Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The person in this role will Inspect, test, grade, sort, sample, weigh or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production process. Manage finished product release criteria (i.e. net contents, sensory program, Critical Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will also include internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards. Follow production activities to ensure compliance of the quality standards of products, GMP and Food Safety. Enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices.
• Ensure the inspection of the finished product output; guarantee that the finished products meet the quality specifications established by the FQD
• Ensure the examination of the quality reports from the day, ensure the examination of monthly reports; request and verify adjustment as required
• Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for semi-finished and finished product
• Collect and keep retained samples from the lines in the archive
• Responsible for supporting the factory food allergen management program and product coding maintenance
Inspecting Equipment or Material
• Inspecting equipment, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
• Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
• Train personnel from the UGPs for quality check of the product (self-control)
• Work with self-control personnel on the daily basis to guarantee the compliance of quality checks
• Work with the QA Supervisor to evaluate and take properly actions on products deviation of quality standard
• Records good movements in SAP
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
• Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes
• Determine whether events or processes comply with company standards, laws, or regulations
• Releases non-conformity reports anytime monitored parameter shows “out of standard” values
• Assists to determine and implementing corrective actions to avoid repetitive issues
• Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions for held product
• Fill and keep correctly all reports from quality inspection and quality control forms
Communicating/Training with UGP personnel and maintenance
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
• Plans, organizes, provides and assess results for training to auto-control employees and for outsourcers to be executed on production lines
• Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are put in place correctly
• Handle traceability of training provided
GMP, Food Safety and product audit
• Inspect and audit process and products to verify compliance within standards
Quality and Food Safety
• Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
• Maintain consumer complaint awareness for the production lines
• Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up activities
• Support Foreign Bodies/Material Reduction team
• Execute daily review of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documentation
• PreOp / oPRP verification
Who we are looking for:
Production and Processing -- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods;
Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products or processes to evaluate quality or performance;
Operation Monitoring -- understanding gauges, dials, or other indicators to understand quality problems on machines;
Mathematics -- Using mathematics to work with numbers and analyze results;
Reading Comprehension -- Understanding industry related documents.
Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must have an open mindset for collaboration between local facility and Ferrero Quality Department.
Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
Strong attention to detail.
Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.).
Proficiency in SAP systems is preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.