Microbiology Lab Technician
Job Location: Canada
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Quality is truly at the heart of everything we do at Ferrero. As a Microbiology Lab Technician you'll be a critical piece in helping us to continue achieving our high quality standards. Your role will include conducting microbial analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished products to evaluate quality and ensure the safety of food products entering the marketplace. You'll need to be a great team player, who is ready to take on new challenges in our growing Quality Department.
- Perform microbial analysis of raw ingredients, in-process and finished products to ensure quality and food safety.
- Ensure that all analysis is carried out in compliance with Safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Group’s standard.
- Prepare, sterilize and sanitize equipment and facilities used for microbial testing.
- Ensure that microbial results are verified and reported in excel and/or SAP format.
- Provide technical support in the area of Microbiology to the Manufacturing and Technology departments and collaborates to seek continuous quality improvement
- Actively participate in all required analytical investigations
- Participate in internal and external audits as required.
- Act as a subject matter expert and may assist in providing training for production staff (sampling, swabbing etc.)
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor, to support production.
Who we are looking for:
- B.S. in biology, microbiology, food science or related technical field
- 1-3 years industry experience in microbiology laboratory
- Knowledge of microbiology, environmental and utility monitoring and aseptic technique
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- GMP/GLP’s and HACCP, etc.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office programs
- Experience with SAP an asset
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
If you have a drive for results; love togenerate new and original ideas by leading innovation and can be open to new knowledge/skills and applying them to existing processes to help manage change, you'll have the recipe for success at Ferrero!
Why work at Ferrero?
- Fully employer-paid benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- Employer matched pension
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- On-site Cafeteria
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
- Free Parking
- Employee events e.g. BBQ’s, ice cream days and Ferrero product give-aways
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.