Job Location: Cork
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Design, develop, install and control software primarily on:
PLC Programing (ideally Allen Bradley)
PID Design and Tuning.
Fault find complex automation equipment including interrogation of program code to identify and resolve issues.
Responsible for the integration and development of systems such as FactoryTalk View, Studio 5000, Powerflex
Provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
Support production teams in attaining all targets set out in the production schedule
Who we are looking for:
- BEng degree in electrical/electronic/automation engineering or time served craftsperson. with equivalent experience in the automation.
- Be able to understand electrical cabinet design and electrical schematics.
- A keen eye and appreciation for detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team but also remotely with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven problem-solving ability.
- SAP experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Must have a flexible attitude to working shift work.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.