Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is in Illinois, where Ferrero acquired the plant of Bloomington. The company just added an investment of $75M to expand the plant.
The Quality Supervisor is a key functional and management position in the Ferrero Quality Organization, and is in charge for Quality and Food safety, of a full section of the plant producing a line of products. As a member of the Quality Leadership Team of the plant, this position reports directly to the Head of Quality. The Quality Supervisor support the implementation of the Ferrero Food Safety and Quality Standards in replacement of the standards in place before the acquisition.
The role guarantees the production unit operates in compliance with Quality & Food safety standards determined by Ferrero Group Quality and local Quality Department. Leads root cause analysis related to Non-Conformances. Actively involved in the continuous improvement process and implements related actions. Responsible for employees’ Quality training and development, in order to assure the achievement of quality objectives.
Participate with the Food Safety & Quality Systems supervisor, and the head of quality for the plant, in the development and in the implementation of new standards when required.
Maintain Product & Process Quality Standard
- Oversee the application of the product and process quality specifications, using the corporate information system and SAP.
- Manage and guide activities performed by operators on the production line.
- Manage the documentation, instructions and records.
- Analyze trends and performance indicators, calculate and communicate KPI’s at multiple levels.
- Supports the production department for all quality matters related to the production process
Verify the application of our Quality system procedures, following ISO 9001 model and group requirement.
Verify the application of our Food Safety systems procedures, following GFSI / FSSC22000 model.
- Periodically verifies the effectiveness of the food safety plans
- Ensure results are recorded in company reports and forms
Verify the application of our GMP rules.
Manage Non-Conformance for the production area:
- Manage products on hold for quality reasons
- Manages non-conformities
- Manages the root cause analysis for NC and consumer complaints
Responsible for Final Product Release
- Manages sensory tasting activities along the production line
- Plans, organizes, provides training to the employees in production and support functions
- Supports operators to verify that the auto-control activities are executed correctly on production lines
- Provides all necessary trainings in relation to Quality or Food Safety topics. (example: GMPs, CCP, oPRP, etc.)
Who we are looking for:
- B.Sc Degree in Food Science required, Food technology prefered, or other related field
- Minimum 4 years in a Quality Supervisor role in a plant in food industry.
- Familiar with Food safety systems, quality systems.
Knowledge and experience in Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving Techniques
- Knowledge of raw materials, packaging, quality assurance and quality control
- Experience of GFSI standards (FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC) required and Quality Standard (ISO9001) is a plus
- Ability to conduct internal audits, presentations and training sessions is an asset
- Excellent and effective communication, analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills independently and with others
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.