Job Location: Augusta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Quality Supervisor is a key functional and management position in the Ferrero Quality Organization, and is in charge for quality and Food safety, of a full section of the plant producing a line of products.
As a member of the Quality Leadership Team of the plant, this position reports directly to the Plant Quality Manager.
Manage directly a team of 3 members and is actively involved in cross functional work with Production, R&D/Technology, Engineering, Maintenance.
The Quality Supervisor support the implementation of the Ferrero Food Safety and Quality Standards in replacement of the standards in place before the acquisition.
He/she guarantees that the production unit operates in compliance with Quality & Food safety standards determined by Ferrero Quality Department.
Leads root cause analysis related to Non-Conformances. Actively involved in the continuous improvement process and implement related actions.
Responsible for employees’ Quality training and development, in order to assure the achievement of quality objectives.
1. Participate with the Food Safety & Quality Systems supervisor, and the head of quality for the plant, in the development and in the implementation or new standards when required.
2. Maintain Product & Process Quality Standard
3. Verify the application of our Quality system procedures, following SQF model and group requirement.
4. Verify the application of our Food Safety systems procedures, following GFSI model.
5. Verify the application of our GMP rules.
6. Manage Non-Conformance for her/his area
7. Responsible with his/her team for Final Product Release
8. Train employees
9. Team management
Who we are looking for:
B.Sc Degree in Food Science, Food technology preferred, or other related field
Minimum 4 years in a Quality Supervisor role in a plant in food industry.
Familiar with Food safety systems, quality systems.
Knowledge and experience in Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving Techniques
• Knowledge of raw materials, quality assurance and quality control.
• Experience of GFSI standards (FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC) required, Quality Standard ISO9001 is a plus.
• Internal auditing experience is an asset
• Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.