Job Location: North Canton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Quality Supervisor is a key functional and management position in the Ferrero Quality Organization, and oversees quality and Food Safety Programs, processes and personnel. This position reports directly to the Director of Quality. In this role you will be actively involved in cross functional work with Production, R&D/Technology, Engineering, Maintenance. The Quality Supervisor supports the implementation of the Ferrero Food Safety and Quality Standards and guarantees that the production unit operates in compliance with these standards. Leads root cause analyses related to Non-Conformances. Actively involved in the continuous improvement process and implementing related actions. Responsible for employees’ Quality training and development, in order to achieve quality objectives.
- Maintain Product & Process Quality Standard:
- Overview the application of the product and process quality specifications, using the corporate information system and SAP
- Manage and guide activities performed by operators on the production line
- Manage the documentation, instructions, and records
- Analyze trends and performance indicators, calculate, and communicate KPI’s at multiple levels
- Supports the production department for all quality matters related to production process
- Manage Non Conformances:
- Manage product on hold for quality reasons
- Manage non-conformities
- Manage the root cause analysis for NCs and consumer complaints
- Team Management:
- Management of the team to ensure that all activities are performed on time
- Ensure that all team members are trained on related procedures and operate in compliance with the work instructions and procedures
- Organize work schedule and priorities of the team
- Manage yearly performance evaluation of direct reports
- Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions on held product
- Track and implement suggestions made by our outside PCO (pest control officer)
- Verify the application of our quality systems procedures following ISO 9001 model and group requirements
- Verify the application of our Food Safety systems procedures following GFSI / FSSC 22000 model
- Periodically verifies the effectiveness of the food safety plans
- Ensure results are recorded in company reports and forms
- Participate with the Food Safety & Quality Systems Specialist and the head of quality for the plant, in the development and in the implementation or new standards
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of experience in the food industry
- Experience with FDA and Quality System rules, FSMA regulations, including planning and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in RCA and problem-solving techniques
- Experience of GFSI standards (FSSC 22000, SQF, BRC) required, Quality Standard ISO 9001 is a plus
- Internal auditing experience is an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.