Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The person in this position is responsible for providing support and advice to managers in Ferrero’s Retail and Supply Chain organizations, regarding the implementation and execution of HR policies, standards and procedures. They are responsible for operational HR activities relating to recruitment and selection, organizational development, employee relations, compensation administration and HR Reporting, for the Retail division of Fannie May Confection Brands, Nutella Café, as well as Fannie May Warehouses. This position reports to the Human Resources Business Partner, Supply Chain, 3PO & Retail and is based in our Chicago, IL office located at 24 E Washington Street.
• Work with Line Managers to maintain salaried employee job descriptions
• Evaluate proposed structure changes, coordinate the job evaluation process
• Create job requisitions for new vacancies and post on ATS and other Job boards as needed
• Monitor and review open postings
• Review and screen candidates, schedule interviews with relevant hiring managers, develop, recommend and prepare offer letters
• Ensure background checks are completed and compliant with Company standards
• Initiate and complete Pre-boarding and Post-Hire verifications for new hires. Complete I-9' forms
• Facilitate onboarding and ensure proper planning with Line Managers
• Provide accurate, professional and timely support to managers and employees on people related inquiries
• Advise managers on a variety of human resources programs including performance management, progressive discipline, recruitment, compensation etc.
• Provide guidance and interpretation of policy and legislation to managers and employees
Employee Performance, Development and Training
• Facilitate Hourly Merit Review process for Retail
• Work with various departments to develop training plans and ensure execution
• Organize and participate in employee training sessions for Retail and Warehouse employees
• Coordinate with Retail Operations team to cascade important communications to retail team members
• Cascade important communications to Northlake and Maple Heights facilities
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the company Intranet site
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the digital boards/signage/kiosks for Warehouses
• Assist with the communication and implementation of new human resources programs and initiatives
• Align on and Implement industrial initiatives in Northlake and Maple Heights warehouses
• Coordinate Open Enrollment, You Survey, Hourly Performance Evaluation Processes, and other tasks in Warehouses
Employee Data and Reporting
• Maintain employee data in HRIS to ensure accuracy and control of HR information
• Work with HR reporting Tools (Power BI) to monitor and share relevant KPIs
• Maintain up-to-date organizational information in SAP and ensure accurate organization charts
• Prepare the fiscal overhead/structures budget in accordance with departmental staffing requirements with direction from the HRBP
• Prepare cost impact analysis of wage changes for retail and warehouse teams – e.g. minimum wage increases, market adjustments, etc.
• Process employment contract changes and terminations
• Prepare monthly birthday and anniversary report
• Ensure proper tracking and administration of attendance for Warehouses
• Upload bulk pay changes to SAP (rates of page/wage table changes, bonuses, etc.)
Who we are looking for:
• Undergraduate degree in relevant area of study - e.g. Human Resources Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology
• 4 - 7 years of relevant experience supporting HR and Employee relations in warehousing operations and/or consumer retail environments.
• Working knowledge of employment regulations, laws and compliance requirements, in particular related to main areas of operation, including City of Chicago and State of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.
• Working knowledge of HR best practices, programs and processes for consumer retail.
• Familiarity and proficiency working with Human Resource Information systems, in particular Time & Attendance (UKG), SAP HR, and SuccessFactors.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion regarding sensitive information.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to productively complete multiple tasks and priorities autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.