Health & Safety Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the site Safety, Health systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continuous improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. As a plant team member, this position will support the plant operations by identifying and communicating of operational risks and opportunities, within the factory and develop business strategies to mitigate those risks. This position will also be responsible for our Parsippany, NJ headquarters office by supporting wellness and health and safety initiatives.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
- Ensure Ferrero’s Safety and Health practices are in compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Manage any safety concerns that arise from unsafe machinery or work conditions
- Ensure Ferrero training standards are in place and in accordance with any legislative or regulatory requirements
- Insure employees have proper tools to conduct work are provided to employees
- Actively participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Lead any investigations of major incidents
- Manage and analyze Workers Compensation reports to develop strategies to mitigate costs and improve performance
- Assist with claims management and OSHA reporting requirements.
- Monitor return to work programs
- Manage and organize all documents for Internal and external audits
- Update and manage Master Plan projects in partnership with regional and global Health and Safety
- Share and propose health and safety best practices
- Work in conjunction with Quality team to ensure safety standards are respected and fulfilled
Who we are looking for:
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations (i.e OSHA, Workers Compensation)
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on Health and Safety discipline
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
- ESP certification is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.