Health and Safety Specialist
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Health & Safety Specialist oversees the development, implementation and management of the site Safety, Health & Environmental systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continuous improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. In this role, the Specialist supports Plant Operations by educating employees, administering and monitoring safety, health and environmental systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all personnel working in the facility. The Health & Safety Specialist is critical in promoting organizational compliance with all safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Support all employees on items that need attention regarding Safety
- Investigate major incidents for severity and frequency and support the line team with minor incidents/accidents, near misses, etc.
- Analyze injury trends for root cause to eliminate chances of recurrence
- Handle any Safety concerns that arise from unsafe conditions or behaviors
- Work with line team to ensure they are identifying and correcting unsafe conditions and behaviors
- Develop site specific Ferrero policy and training programs for Lock Out Tag Out, Aerial Work Platforms, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Forklift (Power Walkie, Narrow Aisle, Reach Truck), Crane, and others as required. Training to be renewed as per CSA Standard and OHSA
- Develop and conduct training such as New Hire Orientation
- Assist the Production Department Mangers to ensure all Supervisors and Team Leaders have required trainings.
- Manage WSIB claims from initial injury until close
- Work with injured employees and their Supervisors in a Return to Work plan for a safe and timely return to work and to ensure zero lost time
- Update and implement policies and programs as needed as legislation or standards change
- Facilitate Risk Assessment program, all areas and tasks to have risk assessments in place and updated
- Monitor Internal Responsibility System to ensure all parties are following their respective duties and roles
- Support the JHSC to hold quarterly safety meetings to discuss safety issues within the facility
- Assist in the implementation of and conformance to the Environmental Management System within key process areas.
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
- All other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for:
- Level 1 and 2 Certification
- First Aid Certified
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, provincial and local regulations (i.e., OHSA, OHSA Regulations, WSIB Policy)
- Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing a strong asset
- Post-secondary education within a Health & Safety discipline
- Strong computer skills with MS Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong investigative, analytical, human relations and communication skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Why Work at Ferrero?
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Company matched pension
- Fully paid benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Employee Assistant Program (E.A.P)
- Fantastic Ferrero product giveaways!
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.