Job Location: North Sydney
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, we currently have an amazing opportunity for a Logistics Manager who is a subject matter expert within the logistics field. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all Logistic activities supporting the Ferrero Business Unit in Australia. This includes managing 3PL suppliers of transport and warehousing. You will also play a pivotal role in managing the Ferrero warehouse in Costa, supporting manufacturing operations and ensuring inventory accuracy of all finished goods, raw ingredients and packaging inventory is maintained.
In a role split between strategy and operations, your primary focus will be to lead, develop and build the team’s knowledge, as well as communicate and develop expectations and relationships with suppliers, ensuring that service levels are exceeded.
- Define and execute logistics strategy and operations
- Be responsible for rebuilding logistic processes for the business – build the footprint of Ferrero warehousing and distribution
- Assist in the assessment and selection of logistic solutions and partners
- Manage two direct reports – provide strong leadership skills, guidance and coaching
- Manage logistic processes and ensure execution in line with Ferrero global guidelines, including inventory, inbound management, destructions and donations
- Ensure quality and safety standards at the warehouse are upheld, and all partners operate in line with Ferrero policies
- Define and lead internal targets for continuous safety and quality improvements
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 4-7+ years’ working experience in a similar role
- Operational on principles of 3PL, Transport, Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Working knowledge of the physical distribution system (inventory handling, warehousing & transportation operations)
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Customer Service and KPI Management
- Ability to work cross functionally and foster new and existing business relationships
- Customer and team management with the ability to lead and influence others
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong experience working with SAP/ERP systems
- Degree qualification (Supply Chain/Logistics studies) desirable
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.