Senior HR Generalist
Job Location: Bloomington
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy® along with American icons Butterfinger®, Crunch®, and Baby Ruth® .
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for developing and building strong relationships with their designated operational areas and employee groups, and will support Management/Supervisors primarily with Labor Relations, Employee relations, HR policies and procedures, performance management, in addition to some workforce planning and recruitment.
• Establish and Maintain effective collaborative, “win-win” working relationships with (and between) managers, bargaining unit members, union representatives and other stakeholders.
• Maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Promotes and fosters an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback.
• Provides support and leads portions of the grievance and arbitration processes.
• Contributes to the preparation, planning and execution of collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
• Provides advice and support to HR Team about Labor issues and acts as a point of escalation in some matters to ensure successful resolution.
• Acts collaboratively and proactively, as well as coaches’ managers/supervisors, to anticipate and resolve issues in advance, guides decision making process, prepares/helps prepare corrective actions, facilitates involuntary terminations and communications.
• Understands and applies applicable employment standards requirements/legislation for consistency, compliance and efficiency within the organization.
• Provides employee relations support and coaching to associates in Human Resources practices such as attendance, investigations of complaints and misconduct.
• Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Facilitates communication within the factory, and escalate employee issues and continuous improvement suggestions in line with Factory KPIs and continuous improvement programs.
• Advises managers/supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the Company. Counsels managers/supervisors on employment issues.
Employee Performance Management
• Ensures New Employee performance evaluations are completed and assist/coach supervisors/managers when required.
• Participates in employee coaching and feedback sessions.
• Provides support and participates in the recruitment process of production associates.
• Reviews resumes, conducts interviews, facilitates the consensus building process and makes recommendation to hire for external candidates for production associates.
• Monitors the organizational culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, typically in Commerce, Business, Human Resources Management or Labor Relations preferred.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience in a comparable environment, preferably within Manufacturing, with a focus on Labor relations, Employee Relations, and Employee Communications.
- Experience working in a unionized environment requiring regular contract/CBA interpretation is preferred.
- Experience facilitating and supporting successful mediation/arbitration/grievance processes is preferred.
- Experience working with continuous improvement methodologies to drive change improvement in business operations.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural business environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and service short-term and/or unplanned needs while continuing to make progress against annual and longer-term strategic objectives.
- Experience in change management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.