Nutella Café - Assistant General Manager
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Nutella Café is Ferrero’s very first and only café worldwide. It is situated just steps away from Chicago’s renowned Millennium Park, attracting a diverse group of guests. In this fast paced environment, The Assistant General Manager assists in overseeing the work of cafe employees, leads the operations of the FOH or BOH staff in those areas of the restaurant; assists the General Manager in handling human resources-related duties such as administering payroll, recruitment, and issuing employee appraisals; trains newly hired employees and existing employees when new training is required.
- Schedule, supervise and coordinate activities concerning operations; including food and beverage customer service, the cafe’s appearance, flow, customer experience, food preparation, kitchen and storeroom areas
- Leads and supervises the café staff in partnership with the General Manager; tasks include opening and closing the store, ensuring all food preparation is complete, managing employees breaks and shift changes, and completing shift summary reports.
- Coordinate the café’s inventory; order inventory and supplies; and audit materials, equipment and supplies.
- Assist in hiring, discharging, training and evaluating front-of-house staff.
- Prepares foods when necessary; ensures all food items are prepared according to Nutella’s standards of quality, consistency, and timeliness
- Analyze and report on budgets, including profit and loss.
Who we are looking for:
- Associate’s Degree in hospitality, restaurant management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ experience with management in restaurant operations
- Culinary experience or education preferred
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.