Job Location: Lithgow and North Sydney
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Industrial/Manufacturing/Operations Controller to join the Ferrero family, supporting all finance related activities for the factory based which produces Nutella and Tic Tac. Based four days per week at Lithgow and one day per week in the business office in North Sydney, you will be a business partner working to influence and collaborate in financial matters with multiple manufacturing functions.
Reporting to the CFO and Plant Director, you will be responsible for financial activities directly related to the factory. Responsibilities will include to:
- Partner with the business and be the main Finance point of contact for the factory
- Work with heads of function to set budgets, forecasts, and understand variances
- Provide business insights and inputs to the P&L for Nutella and Tic Tac
- Provide leadership and expertise to the business on profitability, costing and expense management
- Influence, collaborate and consult with line managers in the decision-making process for key financial issues
- Provide business insight and direction through industrial reporting and analysis
- Oversee management of SAP Master Data
- Manage all CAPEX investment, guiding the managers in line with company policies
- Manage the Controlling function for the factory, authorising purchases and managing all related administration
- Work four days per week on site at the Lithgow factory, and one day per week in the North Sydney office
Who we are looking for:
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Have a minimum of four years’ experience in finance in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in FMCG manufacturing is highly regarded
- The desire and skills to partner with the business to provide proactive solutions through consultation
- Be comfortable managing internal stakeholders of various levels and functions
- Have a demonstrated understanding of manufacturing variances, budgeting and forecasting
- Prior experience with internal Control and Audit
- Be able to work transparently and independently
- Be a problem solver, with excellent communication and influencing skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand and great organisational skills on the other, are the key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a team member and build good relations with stakeholders on all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment and embedding new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become a high performer here.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.