Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
This role involves managing the expeditious flow of product and services into and out of the Somerset, NJ production location and appropriate dealings with vendors, warehouses, and local departments.
- Negotiate with established vendors to stock both standard inventory items and new items as needed to meet factory and marketing production requirements
- Place purchase orders for products and services in SAP to support manufacturing needs
- Works with production/factory personnel to forecast product needs
- Coordinate with the supplier and warehouse to ensure the timely delivery of products and services
- Confirm accurate execution of orders and matches deliveries to order requirements
- Produce and analyze records and data on quality and on time delivery of products
- Track deliverables from other cross-functional groups (eg. Brand, packaging graphics) to ensure that packaging orders are on track per lead times.
- Communicate key packaging order deadlines to the cross-functional team
- Collaborate with AP, suppliers, and warehousing to troubleshoot AP invoicing and Goods Receipt issues.
- Formulate and distribute project RFP/RFQs to suppliers, then analyze the results thereof.
- Negotiate contracts for rentals, services, etc.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in business or related field of study
- Understanding of purchasing processes
- Experience working with multiple vendors
- 2 – 5 years of experience in purchasing role
- Experience working with purchasing software applications/systems
- Working knowledge of SAP purchase order process a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Please note that all Ferrero employees are required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If you accept an offer of employment from Ferrero, you are expected to abide by Ferrero’s Commercial COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines and General Procedures, a copy of which will be provided to you upon hire.