Job Location: Augusta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
In this role, you will play a crucial part in identifying and preventing issues in the plant environment. The safety of our employees and our products is crucial, and as a maintenance mechanic you’ll help us achieve our safety goals by proactively accessing your environment and attending to issues or concerns. You’ll lead as you share your knowledge of safety rules and regulatory compliance with your colleagues, making the workplace safer and more productive.
- Complying with employee safety policies, GMP, OSHA Safety and Health rules as well as food safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the maintenance shop and production floor in accordance with GMP's, plant policies, processes and procedures. Maintain a high sanitation level and monitor for cross contamination
- Perform duties to maintain, diagnose, rebuild and redesign plant equipment to drive better performance of plant machinery by using preventive and predictive techniques with minimal supervision
- Using problems solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate maintenance issues
- Collaborating with Maintenance Planners to scope, kit and execute maintenance plan
- Using SAP to issue work requests, complete work with feedback, time, parts, and comments.
- Perform repairs and rebuilds of machinery and subassemblies, make adjustments and improvements as appropriate
Who we are looking for:
- Two year Associate Degree in a Technical Field or closely related discipline
- Two – three years’ experience in an industrial plant environment as a Maintenance Technician is preferred
- Four year Technical Degree is preferred
- APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE MECHANICAL CONCEPTS
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Willingness and ability to work on weekends (potentially consecutively), holidays, variable shifts (for example, lengths or days), and mandatory overtime with or without accommodation.
- Comprehension of machine sirens and alarms for product jams, oncoming forklift traffic, etc.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.