Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Supervising maintenance, supporting interventions, collaborating in the new projects’ realization. Defining, organizing and managing the realization of periodical revisions programs, ordinary, extraordinary and soft intervention, optimizing relative costs in order to achieve determined production results, both in qualitative and quantitative terms, respecting the given deadlines. Coordinating and organizing maintenance crew and activities in order to ensure the highest level of reliability and efficiency of production lines.
• Evaluates on-call intervention requests and assign priority for those under its responsibility (urgency intervention), agrees with RDM the rest, and ensure the execution
• Analyses Work Progress Status for the activities under its area of competence comparing with activities plans/programs and detect corrective actions in case of missing objectives
• Ensures the correct application of safety standards and safe behaviors during the execution of maintenance intervention
• Ensures, for the activities under its area of competence, the correct realization and accounting of those activities in charge of contractors and external companies
• Operate in different areas from the one(s) under its area of responsibility in case of specific seriousness intervention (if requested)
• Guarantees the correct implementation of preventive maintenance actions, including also those focused on improvement and condition-based
• Evaluate the correct application and development of all those functional checks potentially necessary for a machinery’s “re-delivery” which follows an on-call intervention action
• Guarantees the request, also internally crafting, of all the necessary spare parts for the maintenance intervention
• Ensures a correct and complete handover of the activities with the next shift RMT
• Support in the spreading of maintenance best practices
• Guarantees the correctness of the data upload into SAP
• Ensures machinery, equipment, services and materials Purchasing Requisition for the activities under its area of competence
• Manages the forklift set belonging on its area of responsibility
• Takes part in technical KPI and variances analysis
• Accounts manpower and guarantees the correctness of the data into the systems
• Takes part in the breakdown root cause information collection and analysis in order to detect and implement improvement intervention
• Cooperate with TDM during the definition of maintenance KPIs and its collection
• Collects and analyze maintenance practices for the area under its responsibilities.
• Gives to RDM all the indications dealing with resource needs (personnel, spare parts, external services), for the area under its responsibility to be useful for OPEX budget definition
• Gives indications regarding resources availability (people) and resources needs (spare parts, external services) and advice to postpone/hasten some of the interventions
• Collects and analyses anomalies signals giving indication regarding intervention needs
• Predictive Maintenance: collects all those weak signals detected on production units to analyze them together with RDM, and to agree on timing and to define the best solution
Who we are looking for:
• High school Diploma or GED and 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance, OR related area of study, OR Journeyman Certification preferred
• At least 5 Years of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance or related area of study AND 5 years of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
o Experience must include diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications.
• Experience in a food-manufacturing environment is preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.