Category Manager, Seasonal
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Management Manager Seasonal is responsible for developing and implementing Ferrero’s growth strategy for the Ferrero categories across all Seasons. This position is responsible for driving both sales and margin for all products within their assigned categories. They will also be responsible for creating selling arguments to build the equity leadership of Ferrero brands within the Canadian marketplace.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
Category Management Mandate:
• Develop, Maintain, expand, and communicate Ferrero’s strategy on how to grow the assigned categories, focusing on Distribution, Merchandising, Shelving, and Pricing (DSMP) fundamentals
• Collaborate with the Consumer Shopper Understanding team to build the foundation of the assigned categories growth strategy in consumer and shopper insights.
• Collaborate with the Trade Business Intelligence Team on Data sourcing, Scorecarding and reporting.
• Translate Category Management annual & long-term priorities to actionable sales stories & initiatives
• Work collaboratively with Field Sales, Channel Development to develop recommendations for aligned KPIs and ensure process integrity each session
• Responsible for the preparation of generic Gold Standard assigned categories planogram strategy at channel level, with guidelines for product placement on shelves.
• Responsible to provide guidelines on display execution of products
• Provide category input during JBP process; support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at key accounts in assigned categories
• Work collaboratively to develop innovative and insightful content to drive assigned categories growth
• Assist Field Sales in developing medium and long-term business opportunities at accounts in assigned category
• Deve Manage and maximize use & output of syndicated research resources, shopper insights platforms, category management teams, research projects, Customer and Syndicated POS data, in support of the sales organization and ensure linkage with the assigned categories management plan
• Partner with Consumer Insights peers to manage alignment across sales & marketing
• Monitor and analyze assigned categories, competition and consumer market data, Customer POS data to identify business opportunities and develop new assigned categories development plans
• Interact with cross-functional team members from different departments and levels of the organization, gaining exposure, awareness of other functions, and experience collaborating.
• Lead key projects and demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit as you help address category management opportunities. Be responsible for launching & developing important resources that will be leveraged across the organization.
• Develop sales supporting tools (e.g. Seasonal Strategy catalogues)
Who we are looking for:
• 7-10 years experience working within CPG/FMCG industry and category management
• Strong Knowledge of Ferrero Company, brands, strategy and Perfect Store Models
• Strong knowledge of Canadian Retail landscape
• Strong knowledge of Category Management and Syndicated data
• Knowledge of Space Management Software
• Proven experience in process and project management
• Budget Management Experience
• Knowledge of Customer Business Team procedures and processes
• Knowledge of Ferrero’s internal systems – BP, SAP, BI
• Strong Knowledge of industry best practices
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
• Ability develop Strategies, set priorities and deliver results
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Strong skills to lead multi-functional activities and teams
• Strong People Leadership Skills
• Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) one-to-one, in group environment and with Senior Leaders
• Ability to solve problems in a team environment
• Ability to clearly understand customers needs, integrated with internal requirements
• Ability to work independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.