Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
In the role of Forklift Operator, you will be responsible for transporting materials around the facility, through various departments and storage points and will load and unload trucks using a powered forklift truck. To be successful in this role, you will need to operate the forklift with the utmost care to ensure safety and efficiency in a high traffic facility. In this role, your aim will be to ensure that materials and products are where they need to be to ensure production is optimized.
**** We are looking for Night Shift operators, for both 8 hour and continental shifts. ****
- Loading, and off-loading of trucks
- Clears production area by securing and moving finished pallets; moving empty pallets.
- Receive raw materials, ingredients and packaging into the plant.
- Ship finished product from the production floor to the storage.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Follows all Quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area.
- Locating stock into warehouse racking, including operation of a fork lift truck. Retrieval of stock, when required for line setup and pick/pack teams
- Follows all company safety procedures and policies including wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), using proper lifting techniques, and properly locking out equipment.
- Retrieves supplies and materials; locating and verifying supplies and materials; secures pallet on truck; moves pallet to production location.
- Support production as necessary during downtime
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1 years of Forklift Experience in a Warehouse/Production environment
- Experience driving counter balance, reach trucks and walkies
- Knowledge of Automated Shipping Systems / RF Technology
- Experience using SAP is an asset
- Ability to perform heavy lifting – 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work rotating shifts (days, nights, afternoons)
- Willing to work overtime when required
- Planning and organizing skills (i.e. manage priorities; order tasks efficiently).
- Knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of metric and imperial measurement system, and the ability to convert measurements.
- Problem solving skills
- Sense of urgency
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary starting from $22.38 per hour, plus an additional, $0.65/hour Afternoon Shift premium, and $0.85/hour Night Shift premium.
- Opportunities for advancement
- Continuous training & development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
- Employee events like BBQs, Ice Cream Days and Ferrero product giveaways!
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.