Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
The Supply Chain Procurement Specialist's primary responsibilities include performing transportation, warehouse and pallet procurement activities including scouting and negotiating, market monitoring, developing supplier relationships, risk management, and contract management fully compliant with Supply Chain Procurement policies and strategies to meet the needs of Ferrero North America in a cost and service effective manner.
- Active in procurement techniques: sourcing, negotiating, RFI/ RFQ tender management, market analysis, risk management, budgeting
- Lead and execute sourcing activities while maintaining compliance with company guidelines
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure maximum value while taking into consideration TCO (total cost of ownership), service, and quality
- Build supplier relationships that generate value for both Ferrero and the suppliers over time
- Manage and maintain contract coverage inclusive of measuring and improving their utilization
- Implement and ensure compliance of Group/Local Policies and Procedures and ensure Process Governance
- Analyze and monitor market trends, supplier landscape and innovation/trends for respective categories
- Ensure proper alignment with internal stakeholders on business requirements
- Collaborate and support the Procurement team in executing strategic sourcing activities for supply chain categories
Who we are looking for:
- Up to 7 years of Supply Chain experience in operations and/ or procurement
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interpret commercial contract language is required
- Strong knowledge of Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.), PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in a cross cultural/international organization a plus
- Result-oriented focus, Fast-paced temperament
- Demonstrates problem-solving and analytical skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Able to work under pressure; multi-tasker; manages time effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to establish and maintain working relationships
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.