Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Grants the achievement of the quality, quantity and economic (energy, maintenance, labor, etc.) results of the assigned product unit, through the best use of all the production factors, the promotion of continuous improvement actions as well as through the development of his / her co-workers.
Directs and manages the day-to-day efforts of the production employees in the specific production area to ensure that production goals are met, and quality products are being produced efficiently and cost effectively. Acts as a reference point for all the activities connected to the development, improvement and innovation of the product which falls under his/her supervision.
Enforces and promotes all company guidelines, policies and good manufacturing practices pertaining to all facets of the business, not limited to and including food safety and health & safety.
• Maintenance Budget: works in cooperation with the RdM (Maintenance Coordinator) and with the plant Maintenance Manager in the preparation of the UGP maintenance Budget (work list) and cooperates in the management of the maintenance budget for the fiscal year.
• Budget for investments: identifies with the support of the RdM and of the Maintenance Manager the needs for improvements and modifications to the UGP plants.
• Production Budget: prepares the production budget for the UGP unit with the support of the Production Factor Analysis and Local Documentation PFA&LDU (cycles, waste and efficiencies)
• General expenditure budget: prepares the general expenditure budgets for the UGP unit
• Energy budget: cooperates at the preparation and management of the UGP unit energy budget together with the Utilities Manager and the plant Industrial Sustainability, Environment and Energy Manager
• Ensure that the finished product is manufactured in accordance with quality standards and by the projected timelines;
• Organize and manage workforce, responsible for all employees in the area;
• Responsible for monitoring the performance of the lines
• Responsible to meet the budget transformation cost by achieving the performance and waste targets
• Constantly monitor product quality and ensure compliance with standards as established by the group.
• Optimization in the use of the production factors: ensures the correct use of the production factors in order to maximize the UGP unit results (Raw and packaging Materials, equipment, labor)
• Coaches and guides the RTOs (Shift Supervisors) in their daily activities and ensure that production schedules are carried out;
• Manage schedules and assignment of work activities, based on priority, equipment and skill of personnel to accomplish tasks;
• Confer with, Maintenance, engineering, quality, technology, purchasing and other departments, in order to resolve issues, and identify and review needs of the UGP area;
• Communicate with Managers, Peers and Subordinates.
• Anticipate potential hazards in connection to the technical status of the machinery;
• Report potential dangers and interface with Maintenance Supervisors and Health & Safety Officer to ensure the necessary corrective measures are taken;
• Work together with H&S in improving the ergonomic work environment
• Perform employee evaluations and execute, together with HRBP, necessary changes to increase efficiency
• Sets priorities in the maintenance interventions, and, with the support of the RdM and Maintenance Manager, contributes to the updating of the maintenance plans
• Responsible in the development of new projects and the achieving of the objectives
• Approves the weekly production plan, ensures the implementation and define actions in case of deviations
• Approves weekly production schedules, and address any deviation;
• Identify changes in order to maximize the capacity of the production lines.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-7 years experience in Production and Management
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel selection, training, labor relations and conflict resolution
- Motivating, developing, and directing people in a proactive and positive manner, identifying the best people for the job
- Managing one's own time and the time of their staff
- Strong communications skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of individuals, or process to make improvements or take corrective action
- Coaching, Mentoring, Teaching, and Guiding employees, demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
- Coordinating the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.