Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero USA, a leading global confectionery manufacturer with a strong track record of innovations and a great reputation for the quality of its products, is looking for a Mechanic to support our Production Operations team. The position will work out of our Somerset, NJ factory location and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic is to manage, repair and maintain production equipment in our United States repackaging facility. This role requires an individual which excels troubleshooting production equipment problems as well as proactively preventing issues delaying or preventing production of the company’s products.
This is a non-exempt (hourly paid) position and will involve overtime and shift rotation at times.
- Repair, maintain, install, and change over production packaging machines and lines.
- Troubleshoot packaging machine problems and make necessary repairs.
- Perform preventative maintenance on packaging machines and conveyors.
- Recommend improvements and modifications to production machines.
- Performs preventive maintenance following standards and schedules. This includes lubrication, adjustments, and cleaning.
- Experience in LOTO training.
- Perform general plant maintenance duties and other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
- High School degree
- 5 or more years’ experience working with packaging systems and conveyors
- Knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems.
- Knowledge of electronics, pneumatics, vacuum systems, mechanics, and structural maintenance.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Proficient at operating machine shop and welding equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting high speed packaging equipment.
- Experience with using production facilities equipment.
- Ability to be flexible and work with a positive attitude.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.