Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ensure the search, evaluation and selection of suppliers for all materials and services necessary for the production unit’s operation, in compliance with the Group’s directives as provided by the Central Procurement Office and the needs of the local departments;
Manage and negotiate pricing and the drawing up of contracts and the obtaining of authorized signatures, the issuance of related purchase orders and all the necessary operations for the development of the purchasing process;
Work cross functionally with other departments implementing processes in order to launch projects
Purchase Order Process
• Supervise and support the technical PO process from approved requisition to PO and support goods receipt.
Search for local Suppliers
• Ensure the search for local suppliers of Services, Utilities/Energy, Machinery and equipment, codified and non codified items, in compliance with quality standards established by Headquarters;
• Investigate the possibility of using alternative suppliers
Selection of Suppliers
• Guarantee selection through specific meetings with potential suppliers, in collaboration with the Central Purchasing and department requesting the material or service;
• Collaborate in the process of receiving final specifications/detailed descriptions from suppliers
• Conduct supplier evaluation process by maintaining supplier score cards
• Guarantee the negotiation of technical supplies and services, carried out in collaboration with respective Central Purchasing Offices in compliance with budget and Group objectives.
• Ensure the resolution of contractual agreements in accordance with local regulations, Central Purchasing and company guidelines (signatures, financial aspects, etc.);
• Involve Finance department to evaluate the clauses of financial/insurance matters;
• Ensure the registering of all contractual agreements.
• Work with legal in defining contractual clauses and finalizing contracts
Evaluation of Suppliers
• Develop and maintain a strong positive rapport with all suppliers
• Ensure ongoing supplier evaluation by managing complaints from Logistics, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering
• Manage non-compliance issues with suppliers, request and monitor corrective action when necessary
• Ensure the forwarding of non-compliance issues to Central Purchasing to evaluate information and detect other possible problems
• Expedite orders
• Visit global suppliers
• Attend North American seminars and trade shows
• Ensure preparation of reports for orders issued including all necessary information
• Support departmental projects such as new investments, preparation of departmental budgets and new initiatives
• Prepare and manage the RFQ process
• Develop creative solutions for cost reduction, and continuous improvement of purchasing processes and procedures
• Analyze internal demand requirements and external market condition to identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY
• To assist in the implementation of and conformance to the Environmental & Energy Management Systems within key process areas.
Quality and Food Safety
• Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelors Degree
- 12-15 years of experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership Skills
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the local and European supplier market, price agreements, and related procedures;
- Knowledge of principal manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of procurement process
- Knowledge of contractual agreements
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.