Senior Buyer - Technical Procurement
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role of Senior Buyer - Technical Procurement is responsible for ensuring the search, evaluation and selection of suppliers for all materials and services necessary for the production unit’s operation, in compliance with the Group’s directives as provided by the Central Purchasing Office and the needs of the local departments.
In this role, you will manage and negotiate pricing and the drawing up of contracts and the obtaining of authorized signatures, the issuance of related purchase orders and all the necessary operations for the development of the purchasing process. In addition to external relationships, you will be working cross functionally with other departments implementing processes in order to launch projects.
This position reports to the Technical Purchasing Manager.
- Supervise and support the technical PO process from approved requisition to PO and support goods receipt.
- Ensure the search for local suppliers of Services, Utilities/Energy, Machinery and equipment, codified and non codified items, in compliance with quality standards established by Headquarters;
- Investigate the possibility of using alternative suppliers
- Guarantee selection through specific meetings with potential suppliers, in collaboration with the Central Purchasing and department requesting the material or service;
- Collaborate in the process of receiving final specifications/detailed descriptions from suppliers
- Guarantee the negotiation of technical supplies and services, carried out in collaboration with respective Central Purchasing Offices in compliance with budget and Group objectives.
- Ensure the resolution of contractual agreements in accordance with local regulations, Central Purchasing and company guidelines (signatures, financial aspects, etc.);
- Work with legal in defining contractual clauses and finalizing contracts
- Develop and maintain a strong positive rapport with all suppliers
- Ensure ongoing supplier evaluation by managing complaints from Logistics, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Engineering
- Manage non-compliance issues with suppliers, request and monitor corrective action when necessary
- Support departmental projects such as new investments, preparation of departmental budgets and new initiatives
- Develop creative solutions for cost reduction and continuous improvement of purchasing processes and procedures
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and procurement
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or similar)
- Mastery of purchasing techniques: negotiating skills, RFI, RFQ, budgeting, market analysis, risk management, price management
- Legal knowledge in the drafting of standard documents: orders, contracts, commercial law
- Strong knowledge of advanced analysis in Excel (eg. vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP Ariba is preferred.
- Experience in a cross cultural/international organization is preferred.
- Professional Certification (CPM, CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, CIPS, and similar) is preferred
- Able to effectively communicate and to implement change with internal budget owners, peers, senior management and suppliers.
- Ability to work under pressure; multi-tasker; manages time effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start
- Excellent employer-matched pension program
- Up to 16 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunities for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP Program
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product giveaways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking