Raw Material Quality Auditor
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Raw Material Auditor is responsible for ensuring Ferrero North America suppliers are in compliance with Ferrero and US FDA / CFIA requirements. This role will audit supplier manufacturing sites, assess quality and food safety documentation in support of 4 Ferrero North America manufacturing plants. This role will also conduct raw material and supplier risk assessments in conjunction with the supplier approval activity. This role reports into the Director of Raw Material Quality for North America and work in close collaboration with the central Raw Material Quality team. This position is located in Parsippany, NJ.
- Ensure that supplier documentation is complete and current in our database
- Assess the content and relevance of quality/food safety documentation from suppliers
- Manage and organize audit schedule with suppliers
- Audit raw material suppliers for Ferrero North America manufacturing plants and co-manufacturers following the Ferrero auditing standard
- Conduct raw material / supplier risk assessment and verify compliance with Ferrero standard and local regulatory standards
- Make recommendation to the Director of RM Quality regarding approval of raw materials / suppliers
- Managing the suppliers and continuous improvement program
- Work closely with and provide updates to Ferrero North America manufacturing plants, local R&D, and central Quality team regarding raw material supplier activities
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in Quality in the food industry mandatory, 8 - 10 years
- Bachelor of Food Science / Food Technology, Masters preferred
- Experience with raw material quality management and auditing suppliers
- Knowledge of GFSI standards mandatory, ISO 9001 a plus
- PCQI certification and lead auditor experience preferred
- Knowledge of FSMA / FSVP and raw material supplier risk assessment
- Experience in audit report writing
- This role requires 35% - 40% travel in North America (mostly USA) with partial flexibility to work remotely
- Able to interact professionally internally and externally in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience with SAP, MS Office, Statistical Sampling
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.