Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Production Supervisor reports to the UGP Manager and supports the execution of the production, coordinating the line team in operational activities and ensuring the presence of production factors on the shift.
MANAGEMENT OF THE PRODUCTION FACTORS
• Responsible for daily activities associated with the optimization of the production factors (material, method, labor force and machineries), providing all necessary information to Line Manager and UGP (Business Unit) Manager with the usage / handling modalities of the shift
• Responsible within the shift for all production phases within his/her area of competence (Preparation, Packaging, etc.)
• Responsible for inventory within the area of responsibility
• Responsible for the presence of packaging/raw & semi-finished materials expected for the successive shifts through the coordination of the person in charge of packaging
• Lead and coordinate all resources on the lines
• Consult with the UGP (Business Unit) Manager regarding resource allocation (medium term) and the development of the skills
• Apply defined criteria to resource management on the lines (changes, break substitutions)
• Follow escalation process, including managing personal conflicts between line resources; lead disciplinary meetings and recommend disciplinary measures to UGP and HR
• Responsible for selecting line personnel and defining the related criteria; is responsible for the planning of his direct co-workers (excluding qualified personnel)
• Provide feedback to HR for hiring selection of line resources and provide evaluations for new hires
• Supports the UGP Manager in the medium-long term line resource planning
• Responsible for applying all necessary measures to avoid incidents in the workplace
• Responsible for providing measures concerning the reduction of the absences of the line employees
• Provide consultation to the UGP Manager/ RDL (Line Manager) and HR for the guideline and definition of the skills development necessary for the line resources, responsible for the execution/ application of the guidelines
• Request maintenance intervention in the case of breakdown and repair service; request the intervention of the Utilities Maintenance when necessary
• Request maintenance intervention in the case of breakdown and repair service; request the intervention of the Facilities Maintenance when necessary
• Verify maintenance interventions are performed in the scheduled time and according to hygiene and safety standards
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of production lines and machinery (production performance indicators, technological processes)
- Knowledge of stock management and production models
- Knowledge of planning techniques
- Knowledge and application of production performance analysis methods
- Knowledge and application of production KPI’s
- Strong communications skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner;
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot technological problems
- Demonstrated team building skills;
- Knowledge of production scheduling
- Human resource management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a rotating shift environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.