Plant Quality Manager
Job Location: Lithgow
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Implement all guidelines necessary to the management of the overall quality in the plant, according to the quality policies defined by FQD. The Plant Quality Manager will activate all necessary levers to guarantee and monitor product and productive process’ quality, according to the standard defined in the Ferrero static plan and by FQD, and in compliance with all the standards of hygiene and food safety in food industry.
The role reports managerially to Lithgow Plant Manager and professionally to the Region Quality Manager.
- Ensures an efficient and effective management of quality in manufacturing, with reference to raw materials, packaging, semi-finished and finished goods acceptance, with particular attention to organoleptic aspects of the products and food safety.
- Manages and develops the resources of his/her PQ team, with particular focus on the "4 pillars".
- Defines KPIs and development plans adequate to everyone’s role.
- Gathers, applies and maintains updated all the internal regulations (Specifications, frameworks, Sampling plans) and external ones (voluntary and mandatory regulations) related to products, processes and linked structures.
- Ensures the correct application of Ferrero Quality System, quality certifications and legal standards (marketability), in overall productive process.
- Ensures the execution of the analytical sampling plan aiming at monitoring the correct application of the specifications (defined centrally) on raw materials, packaging, semi-finished and finished goods in order to guarantee, in collaboration with the respective company functions, the quality standards enablers for marketability of the products in the market.
- Ensures the efficient and effective implementation, maintenance and application of plant Quality System according to the Policy defined by Group Quality (product excellence, food safety, ISO 9001, ISO 22000 and to similar schemes required by the Group and clients), and based on the risk analysis according to HACCP method.
- Facilitates the application of central standards regarding IPC and Fenice.
- Measures the quality level in all transformation process phases (incoming, transformation, finished product release) through sampling plans, audits and company information systems (SAP QM – IPC).
- Ensures the necessary technical support to the production, in particular for auto-control.
- Blocks all non-compliant materials/ processes (incoming materials, semi-finished and finished goods) and manages exceptions (derogations) and non-conformities, activating the escalation process according to the specific corporate procedure.
- Maintains all the certifications required by the Group and clients (on quality system, product system, ethic and religion) and issues all the necessary certificates for products export and commercialization.
- Attends public authorities during investigation, controls and visits. Attends internal and external (certification) authorities for visits and inspections on quality, ethic and religion, hygiene topics.
- Maintains relations with health authorities, category associations, institutions that impact quality such as Certification Institutions, service companies such as Cleaning, Pest Control, calibration….
- Interacts with the competence markets for managing claims and feedbacks (perceived quality, initiatives at region level,..).
- Realizes Action Plans and related projects for achieving objectives (KPI)
- Ensure the gathering of quality KPIs based on Group guide line.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.