Plant Operations Manager
Job Location: Somerset
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Plant Operations Manager, your primary goal will be to provide direction and leadership to the Production and Maintenance Departments, while ensuring the performance standards are maintained within the facility. This includes the optimization of the equipment reliability/productivity and ensure proper utilization of system software. You will oversee the implementation of process improvements, reducing plant costs and provide effective leadership to the Production and Maintenance Department--delivering on these responsibilities is integral to ensure the success of this role. Having experience working in a seasonal packaging and or manufacturing environment will be an advantage for this position.
- Involved with the planning, coordination and control of the manufacturing processes
- Ensures production is completed on time, in budget while maintaining quality standards
- Responsible for the product floor oversight and production cycle management
- Contributes to a safe workplace by performing all tasks in accordance with O.S.H.A., E.P.A., F.D.A., Lock-out/Tag-out safety rules, codes policies, and regulations.
- Keeps accurate testing and maintenance records of all equipment.
- Establishes communicates and assigns job responsibilities, goals and performance standards for employees within the Production/Maintenance Department.
- Efficiently manage operating budget while focusing upon optimization and reduction of plant costs.
- Performs all proactive preventive maintenance as scheduled
- Identify conditions needing major repair and recommend corrective action.
- Available for ON CALL duty on nights and weekends to address emergencies.
- Coordinate work and materials with vendors or contract service personnel.
- Ensure all seasonal equipment is maintained in a proactive manner.
- Manages Maintenance Team
- Works with external vendors for facility maintenance and repairs
- Manages a staff of +600 seasonal workers.
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with commercial heating, ventilation and air conditioning operation, maintenance and repair.
- 5+ years’ experience in highly seasonal packaging operation
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance techniques and repair procedures on general types of industrial equipment such as pumps, compressors, electric motors, fans, conveyor belts, air conditioning equipment, robotics and sealing equipment and facility management
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of industrial, electrical, and electronic equipment.
- Full comprehension of working with fully automated equipment including robotics and PLCs (Rockwell, Siemens, Motion Control) and the packaging materials associated with them
- Knowledge of welding operations, tool and dye manufacture, machine shop operations, maintenance mechanical work, pipe fitting
- Knowledge of construction techniques and working with contractors
- Strong knowledge of working with 3rd party temporary workers and a seasonal business.
- Experience developing and managing capital projects
- Project Management experience with machinery and construction.
- Ability to read electrical wiring schematics
- Electrician or Automation Technician designation with at least three years' experience
- Excellent communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.