Franklin Park, IL
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
You’ve always loved it, now be part of it! Ferrero’s Franklin Park manufacturing plant, where we proudly manufacture Baby Ruth® and Butterfinger®, is looking for our next Maintenance Supervisor.
As Maintenance Supervisor you will lead a team of Maintenance Technicians coordinating and organizing maintenance crew activities to ensure the highest levels of reliability and efficiency across production lines. You will be responsible for overseeing maintenance operations, providing support for interventions, and collaborating on new projects.
Your scope as Maintenance Supervisor will also include defining, organizing, and managing periodic revision programs, and interventions. Excellence in leadership, team work, problem solving, decision making and experience in union environments will be strong assets in this role. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring smooth operations, minimizing downtime and contributing to the overall success of the company.
This position is on 2nd Shift (1pm - 10pm) and reports into the Mechanical Manager (RMS) and is eligible for Overtime Incentive.
- Supervise a team of maintenance technicians, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
- Plan and prioritize maintenance tasks to ensure minimal disruption to production schedules.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to maximize equipment reliability and minimize downtime.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery, equipment, and infrastructure to identify potential issues and address them proactively.
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule maintenance activities and minimize production interruptions.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and promote a culture of safety awareness among the maintenance team.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment history, and inventory management.
- Source, manage and collect data to evaluate external contractors for specialized maintenance or repair projects as required.
- Collaborate with the procurement department to ensure the availability of necessary spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction within the maintenance department.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Supervisor or similar role in a Production or Manufacturing environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
- Experience in a Unionized environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance;
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive approach to addressing maintenance issues.
- Solid understanding of safety regulations and the ability to champion a culture of safety among the maintenance team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) for work order tracking and inventory management.
- Flexibility to work during off-hours or on-call as needed for emergency repairs or maintenance activities.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.