Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Production supervisor will ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. Leadership of people includes participating in the daily administration of the collective bargaining agreements, hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action.
- Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
- Ensure timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreed with the business unit/area
- Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in coordination with quality, engineering & administration. Review daily maintenance effectiveness with Maintenance Mechanic(s) and Team members to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, schedule, and ensure Maintenance & Repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with maintenance (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene) Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP's, SSOP's and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management.
- Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
- Ongoing coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job through Continuous Improvement approach. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
- Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
- Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management via consistent administration of the collective bargaining agreements.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- OR 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a manufacturing or food processing environment
- OR 2 years in a leadership role in the United States Military
- Experience in Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP’s) in a food processing environment.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.