Maintenance Entry Level ET
Job Location: Augusta
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career.
- Performing basic preventive maintenance and PLC work on all equipment
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, controls, and components to identify hazards, defects and need for adjustments/repairs/programing
- Dismantling defective machines and equipment and installing new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools
- Inspecting used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rulers, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments
- Complying with all OSHA Safety and Food and Health Safety rules and regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- Responding to equipment break downs in a timely manner to ensure minimal downtime
- Demonstrating the ability to communicate technical subjects verbally and written to co-workers and vendors
Who we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two – three years’ experience in an industrial plant environment as a Maintenance Technician
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and other alike software to appropriately record work orders and PMs
- Ability of basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge and PLC experience
- Ability of basic knowledge of pneumatic or hydraulic systems
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lb
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field or closely related discipline
- General mechanic experience with related technical degree
- Previous welding experience
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.