Junior Process Technologist
Job Location: ARLON
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
At Ferrero, you’ll discover an employer that truly cares for the interests of its people: as such we are recognized as an employer of choice in 17 countries, Forbes RepTrak Worlds 26th Most Reputable Company, Trendence 33rd Europe's Ideal 500 Employers and 54 Universums World's Most Attractive Employers. As we grow around the world, we are able to offer significant opportunities for career development and mobility.
We are currently looking for a talented Junior Process Technologist for our Plant based in Arlon (Belgium). In this role as a Junior Process Technologist, you will support the development and the technological/quality improvement of the assigned products, contributes to the product realization through the process parameters management, and ensure the technological production process optimization and the “best practice” transfer to the Production Unit (UGPs). Moreover, you will guarantee the industrialization phase for new products.
- Cooperates with Senior Technologist and his/her team for all the activities in charge in the plant;
- Offer technical support to the plant UGP on product & processes with the aim of standardize the processes, maximize the quality level and optimize the costs;
- Implement the methodology for a continuous performance improvement of existing products for quality, production systems and raw materials, following products performance and coordinating improvements activity plans;
- Contribute to a pro-active approach to all product and process development and functional activities to drive efficiencies and continuous improvement;
- Support the Plant Quality department in setting up controls on the process;
- Manage all the activities related to the product industrialization phase collaborating with R&D and production Plant;
- Incentivizes a knowledge sharing process through dedicated meetings, scheduled to provide better solutions for every UGP;
- Cooperates with R&D and with Maintenance, to better fit plans and machineries features and functionalities to raw materials and semi finished goods;
- Provides technological process optimization and advices to set up the production cycle, analyze the cycle and find out corrective actions needed;
- Executes test (even in collaboration with R&D) and new receipts testing. Defines new technological methods and monitors production parameters. Provides information and qualified advice prior the test approval;
- Provides advises once new receipts are entered in the system (Siemens, Simatic Batch), performs SAP data entry and fit new doses to the production process;
- Takes part in the HACCP process, providing advice to the Quality Manager for the HACCP planning and to the ISO process;
- Ensures that tasting activity along the production line are correctly carried out, and possible issues are timely reported to him/her;
- Detect root causes for issues experienced based on alerts received by the Quality Manager;
- Supports the Quality Manager when it’s audited, and is informed on the Military Standard application.
Who we are looking for:
- MSc in Food Technology or related fields;
- Minimum 2/3 years of experience in food processing and technology qualifications, preferably in a multinational environments;
- Orientation to results and goal achievement;
- Good analytical skills and attention to the details;
- Dynamic, proactive approach and ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines.
- Excellent command of PC (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Proficiency in English and good knowledge in French.
- Other languages are considered a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.