Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Deployment Planner’s main objective is to optimize the management of the distribution of finished goods to maximize case fill on customer orders and satisfy co-packing requirements while minimizing transportation and warehousing costs. This position will be in our Parsippany, N.J. office and report to the Deployment Planning Director.
As person in this position, you will ensure appropriate safety stock levels are maintained at the warehouse level that maintain case fill and freshness targets. You will work closely with other planning functions and customer service to ensure customer requirements for product are met on a timely basis, measure and monitor SC performance as per KPI established by Supply Chain, understand demand drivers, and communicate with Sales and Marketing ensuring successful new launches.
- Execute deployment strategy from source, saturating trucks and ensuring there are not disruption in the shipment operations
- Maximizing direct ship opportunities from manufacturing locations and co packing locations while maximizing case fill & order fill rate on customer orders.
- Managing finished goods distribution across the network to maximize case fill & order fill rate for customer orders
- Proactively communicates with Customer Service on inventory availability and collaborates with them so that Customer Service can manage expectations when inventory constraints arise.
- Communicate Alerts on Short Term and Long-Term product supply issues so Customers can be updated.
- Product availability and customer prioritization when inventories are low on specific items
- During seasonal shipping times when production windows need to support Customer order requirements
- Provide direction on utilizing appropriate rejection reason codes to support accurate data gathering.
- Help to achieve monthly shipping target.
- To help to improve KPI of Freshness based on correct replenishment of the network looking at sales trend and using information from Demand & Supply Planner & Sales Department.
- Support Supply Chain initiatives & drive process improvement
- Minimize product destructions and leftover in the network
- Manage bulk transfers to co-packing locations
- Providing Direction to Warehouse/ Transportation:
- Where to ship product
- Indication on the inbound /Outbound to WHS
- Product availability
- Providing updates to the Supply Planning team to support communications to Sales and Marketing on execution against strategic customer programs.
- Analyzing data in problem resolution and trend identification
- Adjust reason codes for cuts within the system
- New Business Supply Chain integration; Third Party Supplies/Co-pack
- Work collaboratively to achieve project goals and complete deliverables on-time. Including data integration, process control and documentation, training, UAT and post go live support. Within compliance with the Ferrero’s S&OP model – e.g. New and acquired brands, Co-Packers, etc.
- Tests processes and systems to identify issues and resolve them.
- Acts as first point of contact with third party partners
- Highlights potential risk in the performance of third-party service level agreements and assists in the mitigation of disruptions.
- Completes inventory reports. Monitors a variety of KPIs to ensure supply chain performance.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
• Experience working as Deployment, Production, Supply Planner in similar environment.
• Experience in food/drug consumer products industry (preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Knowledge of SAP / APO systems.
• Knowledge of and experience working with project management principles and tools.
• Excellent communication skills to concisely and effectively provide explanations and direct to Supply Chain team members
• Result driven, self-motivated and independent.
• Able to work in a team environment & manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize requests and communicate response expectations.
• Ability to work independently and with others in a customer focused environment
• Understands consumer product manufacturing, inventory control, and distribution functions
• Strong analytical skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.