Customer Business Development Area Manager
Job Location: Foshan
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The purpose of the role is to achieve Sales Results as well as to develop coverage and the Ferrero business model for the Area assigned.
• Propose goals, territory sales strategies, modern trade and grocery trade channel and customer plans for the area managed.
Sales Forecast, Budget and Objectives
• Ensure the proper management of budget (reach targets on trade spending, returns, profits) in line with business objectives.
Customer plans and sales development
• Detect and propose business development and growth opportunities, ensure quantity and quality development in the assigned area.
• Combined with the local Route To Market model and the business situation of distributors, in terms of selection criteria, to select appropriate distributor. Possess abundant resources of local distributors.
• Conduct meetings with management team of the distributors to regularly review the sales and financial performance of distributors, rebate performance, jointly develop the business and investment plans for the distributor’s next business cycle, and lead the team to create a practicable solution
• Manage distributors, ensure payment to company, follow up credits and ensure the information flow from distributors on sales and expenses.
• Train DSM to improve distributor management capability according to the business focus of distributors in different channels.
• Supervise DSM to set and complete the coaching program; establish the model of the perfect store and promote relevant experience; summarize and share the excellent store execution results to guide the business development.
Planning and control
• Monitor field activities performance and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements and relevant KPIs;
• Provide KA trade terms with negotiation strategy recommendations; collaborate with KA to complete negotiation of trading terms between the region and headquarter.
Marketing and Trade Marketing
• Implement brand strategies, achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives set by marketing, report on opportunities, obstacles.
• Permanent coaching and individual evaluation and development of the knowledge and selling skills of every team member, lead their performance evaluation process;
• Building team’s talent pipeline.
Who we are looking for:
• College degree and above, Fluent in English, Familiar with MS office;
• FMCG industry field sales and territory management experience;
• Traditional & Modern Trade, Impulse Channel, Ferrero Portfolio, Ferrero Commercial Policies, Channel & Customer Plan, Commercial Logistics, Sales, Field & Merchandising Processes;
• Strong analytical, negotiation and leadership skills, people management, account management, sales skills.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary& benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in English and Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.