Category Development Manager
Job Location: Greenford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 45,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
At Ferrero, the Category Development Manager is the critical point between our retail buyers and the insight required to deliver real business wins. Very few customers operate at a purely transactional level therefore require Category Management justifications to list and maintain products in the range. It is the role of the Category Development Manager to generate relationships based upon insight and trust, influencing the retail buyers to engage in category growth opportunities. We are looking for candidates that specialise in frozen/chilled foods and icecream.
- Expert on generating comprehensive insights and a category story using all available continuous data sources for total coverage, channel and retailer, category and shopper
- Efficient management of the continuous agencies as resource in order to generate excellence in insight creation
- Monitoring category, customer and branded performance in relevant customers in order to identify ongoing trends, and presenting these back to the business and the customers as appropriate
- Continuous evolution of the category strategy customising the approach to unlock the drivers in the relevant channels and accounts
- Using category and customer insight to highlight potential future issues for the customer or Ferrero brands, and recommending corrective actions available
- Presentation of our in-store space and merchandising strategy using our Shopper Experience Centre and latest 3D virtual store technology, building on the category drivers to achieve disproportionate space for the Ferrero brands
- Execution of retailer engagement strategy through the category strategy process
- Building on-going relationships with the key retailers through range reviews, category reviews and sell-in presentations highlighting category opportunities based on the category strategy, drivers and tactics
- Building relationships and collaborative working with retailers to ensure Ferrero has strong presence at range reviews
- Monitoring execution and progress in the category drivers and trends in the relevant retailers and recommending corrective actions as appropriate, providing regular updates to the customers
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline preferred;
• Experience in Category Management
• Experience gained preferably in FMCG environment
• Category management, experience working with retailers required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on three dimensions: individual, team and organisation that’s why you should have the ability to work independently, proactively and as a team member. Demonstrate great organising skills and an ability to collaborate will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieve team goals.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.