Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Maintenance and repair of manufacturing machinery and facility systems, safety and quality processes, and the fabrication or required modifications to such equipment according to blueprints, manufacturers data, or assembly instructions.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
- Maintain, repair, disassemble and troubleshoot complex processes, high speed packaging machinery, and other manufacturing equipment
- Repair and use of material handling equipment including manual pallet jacks, battery operated pallet jacks, stand up and sit down trucks, scissors lifts, boom type man-lifts, & equipment / component hoists
- Read and interpret blueprints, process and instrumentation diagrams, flow diagrams, and machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify components, and verify proper equipment operation
- Layout, plan, measure, and execute tasks to support maintenance efforts
- Utilize power & hand tools properly and safely support work activities
- Execute and electronically report scheduled PMs & work orders in SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System(CMMS) within allocated windows and following written standards to maintain manufacturing equipment reliability
- Install new equipment as necessary
- Clean tools, parts and equipment after line rebuilds/repairs/maintenance
- Provide technical expertise to train and support production and create an environment of continuous learning
- Actively participate/lead root cause analysis (BDA) and other site continuous improvement initiatives(TPM driven)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Develop and improve Maintenance plans
- Follow all required Good Manufacturing Practices, quality and food safety requirements. In addition, employee shall notify their supervisor or other designated personnel of all quality or food safety findings or incidents
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
- Follow safety & environmental objectives & targets, follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs
Who we are looking for:
• High school Diploma or GED.
• 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance, OR related area of study, OR Journeyman Certification preferred
• 3 Years of prior experience as an industrial Maintenance Mechanic OR, 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance or related area of study AND 1 year of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
o Experience must include diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications.
• Experience in a food-manufacturing environment is preferred
• Able to work overtime when required
• Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, locating information necessary to perform the job)
• Able to use basic mathematical skills, including counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions, graphs, and ratios, in order to perform machine and mechanical systems maintenance, calibrations and repairs.
• Able to read and follow blueprints, fabricate, assemble, repair, and move machinery and individual components, and utilize the (Ferrero) software reporting system for work orders and PM’s (SAP).
• Able to repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components on machinery and equipment
• Able to use hand tools and measuring instruments
• Able to use machine shop tools (MIG welder, TIG welder, band saws, grinders, drill press, etc.)
• Able to rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes, cylinders, chain drives, belt drives, etc.
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
• Working knowledge in the area of pipefitting and rigging
• Basic knowledge of steam distribution systems and principles
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic principles
• Basic understanding of industrial electricity including motor basics and controls
• Basic knowledge of industrial automation and PLC based controls
• Communication skills (able to communicate verbally with leaders and co-workers to accomplish tasks, able to read instructions and engineering documents, able to give and receive feedback, and ask questions)
• Critical Thinking Skills (able to reason, solve problems, analyze graphs, interpret data, troubleshoot equipment and systems, participate and lead process improvement, make decisions, and locate information)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.