Health & Safety Manager
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The purpose of this position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the site Safety and Health systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continuous improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. As a plant team member this position will support the plant Operations by identifying and communicating of operational risks and opportunities, within the factory, and develop business strategies to mitigate those risks.
Training and Development
• Ensure Ferrero training Standards are in accordance to legislative requirements and take into account best practices.
• Develop annual training calendar and schedule Health and Safety training
Injury Claims Management
• Manage and analyze the claim reports to develop strategies to mitigate cost and improve performance
• Assist with claims management
• Assist with correspondence with Doctor, Adjudicator, and injured employee for claim updates, cost relief factors, appeals, and other.
Return to Work
• Monitor the return to work program to ensure it is aligned with the polices and goals
• Assist with return to work plans and strategies for claims as needed
Daily Safety Concerns
• Handle any Safety concerns that arise from unsafe machinery or work conditions
• Correct unsafe work practices daily (Forklift operators not wearing seat belts or using horn) and ensuring proper procedures are followed and Safe Work Practices
• Provide proper tools and equipment to employees when needed to conduct their duties
• Support to all employees on items that need attention in regards to safety
Joint Health and Safety Committee
• Monitor the JHSC effectiveness
• Act as a resource for the JHSC and assist with corrective actions, ideas, and programs as recommended by the committee
• Present to the Plant Team any health and safety concerns that arise from the JHSC
Injury/ Incident/ Hazard Analysis and Investigations
• Investigate serious incidents for severity and frequency
• Analyze the Data entry of all incidents that occur within Ferrero for reports and monitoring
• Develop monthly, yearly, departmental reports for management and supervisors to review
• Recommend to maintenance and management solutions on hazards with machinery, work stations, and vehicles
• Analyze injury for root cause to eliminate it from occurring again
• Present trends, recommendations, risks to Plant Team
• Organize all documents for audits and inspections
• Update SIM Data and participate in SIM meetings
• Develop and manage department budget
• Update and manage Master plan projects
• Act as the team leader for standardization for the plant
• Ensure group standards are used, implemented, and communicated
• Share and propose updates with the group/region and other plants
Job Family – Region and Group
• Share and propose health and safety practices and best practices
• Contribute to the groups/regions job family performance
Quality and Food Safety
• Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
Environmental & Energy
• To assist in the implementation of and conformance to the Environmental & Energy Management Systems within key process areas.
Who we are looking for:
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in a comparable environment - e.g. Food manufacturing or related
- Bachelor's required
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations (i.e., OHSA, WCB, EPA).
- Post secondary education within the Health & Safety discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Strong investigative, analytical, human relations and communication skills
- Strong computer skills with MS Office programs
- First Aid Certifications
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.