Health & Safety Manager
Job Location: Louisville
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The primary objective of the Health and Safety (H&S) Manager role is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees as well as optimize the environmental sustainability of our sites. This will be achieved through prevention, fostering a culture of caring, and focusing on our core values: Safety, Health and Environment.
This position ensures compliance of all EHS aspects of the site and sets local EHS strategies for overall success in alignment with corporate policy and common practices. This position reports to the EHS Manager responsible for overseeing all of our "Cookies, Cones and Crust" sites.
- Partners with site leadership team to develop site EHS Key Priorities, Drivers and Activities with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive site EHS performance improvement. Ensures alignment with corporate strategies, programs and plans with the objective of sustainable world class EHS performance.
- Leads/fosters/develops a caring culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value with all employees.
- Ensures process safety activities related to Ammonia refrigeration maintenance are adhered to.
- Partners with site engineering to oversee site Risk Management Program (RMP)
- Actively participates on site leadership team and effectively leads, coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective EHS leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
- Ensure site maintains continuous “audit ready” state of compliance with company EHS policies and procedures as well as all applicable external regulatory requirements.
- Develops EHS best in class programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on EHS measures and precautions.
- Leads the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes to ensure effectiveness in identifying and mitigating hazards and effectively communicating with all affected employees.
- Ensures investigation of all EHS related incidents utilizing continuous improvement tools to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ensures effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in successfully managing EHS sustainability activities in a manufacturing setting
- Previous experience in managing ISO 14001 and 45001 site
- ISO Lead Auditor Certified
- Well-versed in hierarchy of controls for prevention of accidents
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations regarding OSHA, NFPA, DOT and EPA
- An EHS-related professional certification such as (CSP, CSHO, WSO, OSHT, CET, CHMM, ASP)
- Experience leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
- Familiarity with safety management systems including documentation control, development of work procedures, and flow charts
- Proficiency with Windows based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to master other specialized software.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.