Customer Business Development Area Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to manage Ferrero business in the assigned territory in all offline channels (Modern Trade and General Trade) to achieve Sales Results as well as to develop coverage and Ferrero business model for the area assigned.
1. Sales Strategy, Forecast, Budget and Objectives
• Propose goals, sales strategies, modern trade and general trade channel strategies and customer plans for the area managed；
• Ensure the proper management of budget (reach targets on trade spending, returns, profits) in line with business objectives.
2. Sales Development
• Detect and propose business development and growth opportunities, ensure quantity and quality development in the assigned area；
• Properly distribute resources (human, financial, POSM, etc.) for most effective ROI.
3. Field Management
• Select appropriate distributor according to the local Route To Market model and the business situation of distributors;
• Guide team to conduct meetings with management team of the distributors to regularly review the sales and financial performance of distributors, rebate performance; jointly develop the business and investment plans for the distributor’s next business cycle, and lead the team to create a practicable solution;
• Guide team to manage distributors, ensure payment to company, follow up credits and ensure the information flow from distributors on sales and expenses;
• Train team to improve distributor management capability according to the business focus of distributors in different channels;
• Supervise team to set and complete the coaching program; establish the model of the perfect store and promote relevant experience; summarize and share the excellent store execution results to guide the business development;
• Provide KA trade terms with negotiation strategy recommendations; collaborate with KA to complete negotiation of trading terms between the region and headquarter;
• Monitor field activities performance and accomplishment of sales conditions, agreements and relevant KPIs.
4. Marketing and Trade Marketing
• Implement brand strategies, achieve qualitative and quantitative objectives set by marketing, report on opportunities and obstacles.
5. Team Management
• Permanent coaching and individual evaluation and development of the knowledge and selling skills of every team member, lead their performance evaluation process;
• Building team’s talent pipeline.
Who we are looking for:
• College degree and above, fluent in English, familiar with MS office;
• FMCG industry field sales and territory management experience;
• Knowledge of Traditional & Modern Trade, Impulse Channel, Channel & Customer Plan, Commercial Logistics, Sales, Field & Merchandising Processes;
• Strong analytical, negotiation and leadership skills, people management, account management, sales skills.
* Chinese Local Labor contract with local salary & benefits package will be offered for this position.
** Proficiency in Mandarin speaking.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.