Senior Brand Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Brand Manager to define and implement growth strategy and marketing activities for the new categories under the Kinder family.
BUDGET AND SALES PLANNING
- Define and recommend to the Company Management team the budget for the sales volumes and costs associated for the assigned product lines;
- Bear responsibility for the economic results achieved by the product lines, monitoring compliance with the budgeted figures and ongoing economic performance, and taking any necessary corrective action;
- Liaise with the Sales Management team to work toward align vision and drive execution of plans.
SCENARIO ANALYSES ON COMPETITION/ CONSUMERS / MARKET
- Plan activities in order to monitor and understand category, brand and competitors’ performance (Nielsen, Kantar, Equity studies);
- Define research objectives in order to understand consumers’ and shoppers’ behaviors, evolving needs and preferences of consumers;
- Constantly analyze market dynamics and trends to identify new opportunities.
PRODUCT LINE MARKETING STRATEGY
- Develop and recommend brand marketing strategy and initiatives, ensuring flawless implementation;
- Make recommendations on competitive positions and strategy for the product lines;
COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA STRATEGY
- Guide the work of the creative agencies to design compelling communication platforms and executions able to drive brand equity and consumers’ preference;
- Work closely with the internal Digital Marketing, Media, EC-New Retail team and media agency to ensure an effective planning of media activities across touchpoints.
- Manage promotional and sponsorship activity;
- Work with team members and the Sales function on evaluating the success of the specific promotions deals undertaken, and any corrective actions.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 8 years of solid Brand Management, Commercial and Category experience in FMCG
- Excellent strategic thinking and data analytical skills
- Financial acumen, able to interpret P&L and drive business performance
- Proven project management skills, able to drive cross-functional teams
- Flexible, resilient, with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.