Health and Safety Specialist
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Health & Safety Specialist oversees the development, implementation and management of the site Health and Safety systems to ensure regulatory compliance and to achieve continuous improvement in terms of performance and cost effectiveness. In this role, the Specialist supports Plant Operations by educating employees, administering, and monitoring safety, health and environmental systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all personnel working in the facility. The Health & Safety Specialist is critical in promoting organizational compliance with all safety, health, and environmental regulations.
Support all employees on items that need attention regarding Safety:
- Investigate major incidents for severity and frequency and support the line team with minor incidents/accidents, near misses, etc.
- Analyze injury trends for root cause to eliminate chances of recurrence
- Handle any Safety concerns that arise from unsafe conditions or behaviors
- Work with line team to ensure they are identifying and correcting unsafe conditions and behaviors
- Develop and conduct training such as New Hire Orientation
- Assist the Production Department Mangers to ensure all Supervisors and Team Leaders have required trainings.
- Work with injured employees and their Supervisors in a Return to Work plan for a safe and timely return to work and to ensure zero lost time
- Facilitate Risk Assessment program, all areas and tasks to have risk assessments in place and updated
- Monitor Internal Responsibility System to ensure all parties are following their respective duties and roles
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
- Develop site specific (Ferrero) training programs for Lock Out Tag Out, Aerial Work Platforms, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, Forklift (Power Walkie, Narrow Isle, Reach Truck), Crane, and others. Training to be renewed as per CSA Standard and OHSA
- Manage the claim from initial injury until closed by WSIB
- Correspond with Doctor, Adjudicator, and injured employee for claim updates, cost relief factors, appeals, and other.
Who we are looking for:
- Level 1 and 2 Certification
- First Aid Certified
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, provincial and local regulations (i.e., OHSA, OHSA Regulations, WSIB Policy)
- Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing a strong asset
- Post-secondary education within a Health & Safety discipline preferred
- Strong computer skills with MS Office programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong investigative, analytical, human relations and communication skills
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 16 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.