Multiyear Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
Ferrero Canada strives at all times to provide services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. It applies to all Employees, Customers, Volunteers, Suppliers, Clients and third party contractors.
Statement of Commitment
Ferrero Canada Ltd. is committed to providing a respectful, accessible and inclusive barrier free environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person’s disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity.
Ferrero is committed to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, (the “AODA”), its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility and is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner.
This Multi-year Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that Ferrero has and will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. To maintain compliance with the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) the Multi-year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and modified on an annual basis.
We want to hear from you if you encounter any accessibility barriers. Please address all enquiries related to this Plan, including accessibility requests by telephone or in writing. Ferrero will make best efforts to provide a response in the same format in which the feedback was received. Where possible, feedback will be addressed immediately. Some feedback may, however, require more effort to address and may need to be reviewed before an action is taken.
By Phone: +1 (416) 590-0775
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ferrero Canada Ltd.
100 Sheppard Ave. E. Suite 900
North York, ON M2N 6N5
- Statement of Commitment
- Statement of Commitment
- Contact Ferrero
- Information & Communication Standards
- Accessible Formats and Communication Support
- Accessible Website and Web Content
- Customer Service
- AODA Customer Service Regulations
- Filing of Accessibility Report
- Employment Standards
- Recruitment and Notice to Successful Applicants
- Workplace Emergency Plan for Employees with Disabilities
- Employee Accommodation
- Employee Return to Work
- Performance Management, Career development & Redeployment
- Design of Public Space
Information & Communication Standards
Accessible Formats and Communication Support
Ferrero is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities. Ferrero will ensure that existing and new processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request and in a timely manner. Comments on our services regarding how well these expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated.
By Phone: +1 (416) 590-0775
By email: email@example.com
Accessible Website and Web Content
Ferrero has ensured websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0 Level A and commits to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 1, 2021.
By ensuring Ferrero complies with WCAG 2.0 Level A, employees and customers will receive web information in accessible formats, providing them equal and appropriate access to information they need.
AODA Customer Service Regulations Ferrero has developed policies to comply with the Customer Service Standard under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) which sets out guidelines for preventing and removing barriers to accessibility to improve customer service.
Policies Ferrero is committed to serving all customers including persons with disabilities and operating in a manner that is consistent with the following principals:
- Goods and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities, and others, is integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services
- Persons with disabilities are to be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, and benefit from the goods or services
In accordance with those principles, Ferrero has put in place an Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Plan that:
- Considers a person’s disability when communicating
- Allows assistive devices in any Ferrero premises
- Allows service animals in areas of the premises that are open to the public
- Welcomes support persons
- Informs the public when accessible services are not available
- Welcomes feedback by telephone, writing, email or in person
The following measures have been implemented by Ferrero to ensure compliance with the Accessible Customer Service Regulation under the AODA
- The Accessible Customer Service Policy is available upon request and can be made available in accessible formats, if requested
- Review policies annually
- Notice of disruption will be provided over the phone, or in writing where applicable, and will be done in as quickly as possible is disruption is unexpected
- Comments relating to our programs and services with regards to customer service are welcomed and appreciated. A process has been established to encourage feedback regarding the way Ferrero provides goods and services to people with disabilities. Feedback can be made: verbally, by email, or in writing
Status: Completed/ Ongoing
- In accordance with the Accessible Customer Service Regulation under the AODA, Ferrero provides training to persons who:
- Deal with members of the public or other third parties on behalf of the provider, whether the person does so as an employee, agent, volunteer or otherwise
- Participate in developing the policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods or service to members of the public or other third parties
- The following measures have been implemented by Ferrero:
- The Accessible Customer Service Policy is incorporated into Ferrero’s Policies and Procedures that is reviewed and signed by every employee upon hire, and as part of the annual performance review process for all employees
- Training on AODA Customer Service has been provided and will be given to every person who participates in developing the policy, practices and procedures including every person who deals with the public on behalf of Ferrero
- Completion of training of all employees is tracked and recorded
Filing of Accessibility Report
Ferrero has reported AODA process online by filing an accessibility report with the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment & Infrastructure. Ferrero will comply with the Customer Service Standard by filing an accessibility report on an annual basis.
Recruitment and Notice to Successful Applicants
Ferrero is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. To ensure a fair and equitable recruitment practice we will take the following steps to notify the public and staff, that when requested, Ferrero will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment processes and when people are hired.
- On recruitment websites or postings, Ferrero will specify that it will make reasonable accommodations available for applicants with disabilities if required
- Ferrero will inform applicants selected to participated in the selection process that reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process, upon request, in relation to material and processes being used
- Upon request, Ferrero with consult with applicants and arrange for suitable accommodation; and
- Ferrero will notify the successful applicant, when making offers of employment of Ferrero’s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
Workplace Emergency Plan for Employees with Disabilities
Ferrero is committed to providing employees with disabilities with individualized workplace emergency response information, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary, and Ferrero is aware of the need for accommodation due to the employee’s disability. If an employee who received individualized workplace emergency response requires assistance and with the employee’s consent, Ferrero will provide the workplace emergency response information to the person designated by Ferrero to provide assistance to the employee.
The individualized workplace emergency response information will be reviewed when:
- the employee moves to a different location in the organization
- the employee’s overall accommodations needs or plans are reviewed
- we review the general emergency response policies
In order to ensure compliance with AODA Employment Standard, we provide all existing employees an individualized Employee Emergency Information Worksheet to document emergency plans for those with accessibility issues in the event of an emergency, as requested.
Ferrero will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability as outlined in Ferrero’s Disability related accommodation policy.
Ferrero will take the following steps to ensure employee accommodation
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability
- Outline the steps we will take to help our employees return to work when they have been absent because of a disability and or need some form of disability related accommodation to return to work.
- Request a medical evaluation to determine if accommodation can be achieved and how
- Providing regular review and updates
- Providing Individual Accommodation Plans in a format that takes into account the needs of the employee
Employee Return to Work
Ferrero is committed to developing and maintaining a return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability related accommodations in order to return to work. The process includes steps Ferrero takes to facilitate the return to work process and uses the documented individual accommodation plans.
Ferrero will perform the following steps to ensure compliance with employee return to work
- Review and as necessary, modify and document existing return to work processes for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require accommodation in order to return to work
- Ensure documented individual plans comprise part of the return to work process, and;
- Develop and provide appropriate training to managers and other employees responsible for support the return to work process for employees who require accommodation in order to return to work
Performance Management, Career development & Redeployment
Ferrero will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account with regards to performance management, career development and redeployment processes
- Review and as necessary modify existing performance management, career development and redeployment processes to ensure that the accessibility needs and individual accommodation plans of employees with disabilities are taken into account
- Develop and provide appropriate training to managers and other employees responsible for supporting or impacting performance management, career development and advancement, and redeployment processes, and training that will ensure compliance with the processes on a continuous basis
Design of Public Space
Ferrero will establish plans to meet the accessibility standards for the Design of Public Spaces when applicable in the building or modifying public spaces under Ferrero’s control.
In the event of a service disruption, Ferrero will notify the public of service disruptions and alternatives available.