Job Location: Florence
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The HR Generalist is responsible for developing and building strong relationships with the designated operational units and employee group and will support Management/Supervisors with respect to the following: budgeting and analytics, employee relations, recruitment and selection, HR policies and procedures, performance management, enhance job satisfaction by resolving employee issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities, training and development, communications, training and development.
This position is 100% on-site.
- Collaborate with supervisors to resolve employee relations issues; guide decision making process, prepare corrective actions, facilitate involuntary terminations and communications.
- Provide employee relations coaching to Production Management Employees in Human Resources practices such as attendance, harassment investigations, recruitment. Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advise supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the Company. Counsel managers/supervisors on employment issues.
Recruitment and Selection – All Hourly Employees
- Conduct full cycle recruiting and onboarding for internal and external candidates for hourly production staffing.
Manage Temporary Staffing Agencies
- Coordinate with production planning and temporary agencies to ensure temporary staffing requirements are met (new orders and cancellations)
- Facilitate the relationship between the temporary agencies and Ferrero supervisors/managers to ensure problems and issues are addressed and solutions are implemented
Employee Performance Management
- Ensures new employee progress reports and annual performance evaluations are completed and assist/coach supervisors/managers when required
- Participate in employee coaching sessions
- Assist managers/supervisors with the preparation of employee development plans and ensure consistent monitoring of those plans
Training and Development
- Conduct employee Onboarding sessions
- Work with various departments to develop training plans and ensure the execution of training
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree; a Postgraduate with a specialization in Human Resources preferred
- Solid generalist experience in the execution of all facets of human resources, with a particular emphasis on Employee Relations, high volume Recruitment and Employee Communications.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Ability to securing commitment and support of management for human resources initiatives.
- Experience in implementing human resources programs in a constantly changing, dynamic environment
- Proven skill in conflict resolution, with solid problem-solving and group facilitation skills.
- Strong professional image, ethical standards, integrity, and objectivity.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff. Hands on approach.
- Able to work effectively with partners and staff on projects, office events and activities towards maintaining/strengthening our culture.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.