Job Location: Bloomington, IL
This role will be based in our production plant in Bloomington, IL.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
As a Production Supervisor, you will supervise manufacturing operations and support staff with an emphasis on teamwork, employee safety, production quality, and sanitation. This role reports to the Production Manager and will be the point person during the assigned shift to ensure that necessary tools, supplies, and equipment are available and properly utilized to perform production tasks effectively. You will be instrumental in ensuring that our quality standards and continuous improvement enhance our production efficiency while taking things to the next level.
- Oversee daily activities associated with the optimization of production factors (material, method, labor force, and machinery)
- Responsible within assigned shift for all production phases within your area of competence (preparation, packaging, etc.)
- Partner with Production Manager regarding resource allocation and development of skills
- Apply defined criteria to resource management on production lines (changes, break substitutions)
- Manage personal conflicts between line resources, lead disciplinary meetings, and recommend disciplinary measures to HR
- Partner with HR to select line personnel, and provide evaluations for new hires
- Apply all necessary measures to avoid incidents in the workplace and provide measures to reduce the absences of line employees
- Provide insight to define guidelines for the skills development for line employees
- Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members, and Production Management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree AND 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in a union manufacturing environment -OR- 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a union manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Firm understanding of manufacturing production, machinery, stock management, and production models
- Strong communication, troubleshooting/problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment while maintaining a strong sense of urgency
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero North America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.